cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Asian Beetle Record?

chris3403
Explorer
Explorer
So far today I have captured and killed 21 Asian Beetles is that a record? What's the most you've killed in a single day?
I've been to all 50 States but my RV hasn't.
18 REPLIES 18

sayoung
Explorer
Explorer
chris3403 wrote:
So far today I have captured and killed 21 Asian Beetles is that a record? What's the most you've killed in a single day?

Your not even in the game at 21. We got infested 2 years ago at our site at Lake Fork and over about 2 weeks of going everyday & vacumeinfpg them off walls & windows, takeing off sky light over shower, etc. , 1000 or better.
What ever you do, dont bug bomb them as they stink

dewey02
Explorer II
Explorer II
memtb wrote:
I opened this post thinking that the Chinese where now producing counterfeit โ€œBeetlesโ€ albums! :B

Actually they are, and this is a huge problem. Google Chinese fake Beatle albums and you'll see the scope of this situation.

dewey02
Explorer II
Explorer II
gbopp wrote:
magicbus wrote:
memtb wrote:
I opened this post thinking that the Chinese where now producing counterfeit โ€œBeetlesโ€ albums! :B
same here! Clicked on the thread thinking โ€œnow when did the fab 4 record on Asiaโ€. ๐Ÿ˜›

Dave

The Fab Four was the Beatles. This post is about Beetles. :B

Before they became The Beatles (with a capital The), they were The Silver Beetles!

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
A few years ago when there was a bumper crop of the beetles we had thousands of them everywhere. In the house, the garage, the TT... everywhere.

Shop vac is the only way to go.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hundreds! We were in farm country when we were infested. Kept finding them for months after. A couple years later it was stink bugs - they were as bad and finally dehydrated after a few months in the AZ desert. Hate both of those things and hope never to have them again.

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
rk911 wrote:
chris3403 wrote:

many many moons ago we had an asian beetle invasion (and i'm not referring to a japanese cover band from osaka). didn't count 'em but it had to be hundreds of them. they were everywhere. we used a handheld vac to remove them. seemed to take forever and we were finding dead ones for weeks after. count your blessings!

Same here. Except ours were in the thousands. Some days it was like a cloud close the the ground only it was Asian Beetles instead. I found a product called Tempo that you could mix up and spray around windows and doors. They seemed to kill a lot of them as they tired to get in.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
magicbus wrote:
memtb wrote:
same here! Clicked on the thread thinking โ€œnow when did the fab 4 record on Asiaโ€. ๐Ÿ˜›

Dave

The Fab Four was the Beatles. This post is about Beetles. :B

magicbus
Explorer
Explorer
memtb wrote:

Dave
Current: 2018 Winnebago Era A
Previous: Selene 49 Trawler
Previous: Country Coach Allure 36

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
sorry, duplicate.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
No where even close. Try a thousand or two every day for weeks. We (Gloriebkj and I)had an invasion down in Mississippi last year, and killed them by the thousands, Several times we had a Walmart bag over half full of dea or dieing ones. We used a portable vacuum and/or duct tape. In the beginning, we would use the vacuum, and would fill the container on it, empty it into a bag, and start over. As the invasion taper off, we started using duct tape patches, and could get several per patch. Hoping that we don't have a bunch of eggs hidden that will hatch this year when it gets warmer. Hopefully it will get cold enough around here to freeze and kill them.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

gloriebkj
Explorer
Explorer
I meant to say it works as a repellent around doors and windows.
gloriebkj

gloriebkj
Explorer
Explorer
We had literally THOUSANDS in Natchez last year!!!! Used the vacuum for big groups. Decorated the cabinets with small pieces of duct tape we could grab when we saw just one or two--duct tape is your friend! Raid makes a spray for them that really works..it has a lemon scent and on the label it says for Asian ladybugs. It also works around windows and doors....trust me, it works!!!
gloriebkj

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Delete

memtb
Explorer
Explorer
Todd & Marianne
Miniature Schnauzer's - Sundai, Nellie & Maggie Mae
2007 Dodge Ram 3500, 6.7 Cummins, 6 speed manual, 3.73 ratio, 4x4
2004 Teton Grand Freedom, 39'
2007 Bigfoot 30MH26Sl