cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Awning fabric

srt20
Explorer
Explorer
My A&E awning fabric tore this weekend. Completely across. So where is a good place to get the fabric in a hurry? We are headed back up north on Thursday.

Does camping world stores carry just the fabric? I have a CW 30 mins away, but can't find just the fabric on their website. Or am I better off ordering off a different website and paying for 2 day shipping?

Also, when the awning tore, one of the awning arms pulled out of the fiberglass on the bottom. I've never dealt with fiberglass, so would I be better off using 2 slightly larger bolts in the same holes, or just make new holes just off of the old holes? And obviously I would seal up the old holes. The old holes would be covered by the lower bracket. But that awning arm would be at a slight angle, but it appears there is plenty of play in the awning arm clamps for this to not bind up at all when extending or retracting.

Thanks for any advice.
7 REPLIES 7

sch911
Explorer
Explorer
CA Traveler wrote:
FYI From what I've read almost all stock fabric and thread will have a very short life. Also non stock suppliers may not provide longer lasting fabric and thread. But when in a hurry...

Just a heads up.

Most likely true. But I think they'll last at least 3 to 5 years.
OEM Auto Engineer- Embedded Software Team
09 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 41SKQ Cummins ISL
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Toad

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
FYI From what I've read almost all stock fabric and thread will have a very short life. Also non stock suppliers may not provide longer lasting fabric and thread. But when in a hurry...

Just a heads up.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

srt20
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the replies.

I ordered from PPL. $246 total for 2 day shipping.

I called My local CW, and they wanted $365 for GS member. I don't mind spending a little extra to support my local CW, but $120 extra before tax is just to much.
I fix all my own stuff. I read some directions and watched a YouTube video. Replacing the fabric should be a 2 beer job. Yeah, I'm a fast drinker....lol

Again, thanks!

RAS43
Explorer III
Explorer III
We were at our local CW last week and there was a sign indicating that they had replacement awning material in stock for various sizes. $340 plus $39 installation for GS members.

sch911
Explorer
Explorer
Kemahsabe wrote:
Bought mine from PPL. They probably have 2-day shipping.

Website

X2. Under $200 for the generic replacement brand fabric.
OEM Auto Engineer- Embedded Software Team
09 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 41SKQ Cummins ISL
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Toad

Kemahsabe
Explorer
Explorer
Bought mine from PPL. They probably have 2-day shipping.

Website

BryceB
Explorer
Explorer
When we asked about replacement fabric for our 16ft awning, they said they needed to order it.
Fabric was just over $300 and they'll do the $39 install for Good Sam members.
'01 Ford F-250 PSD CC 4x4 SB
'08 Wildwood LE 26TBSS

State's we RVed in!