cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Bad Luck :(

Naio
Explorer
Explorer
I was planning to leave tonight for a 4-day mini trip. I've been stuck in one spot for the last two months, dealing with some life stuff. Was really looking forward to some wild.

But I went in today for an MRI on an old knee injury that gives me trouble, and the position they had me in for the machine has messed up my good leg. I don't know if I can go on this little trip, without further injury, now that it's already strained.

I'll see how I feel in the morning, but as the night progresses it is not looking good.

Just posting here to whine with people who will understand!
3/4 timing in a DIY van conversion. Backroads, mountains, boondocking, sometimes big cities for a change of pace.
10 REPLIES 10

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
Naio wrote:
Awww...!

Hugs to everyone here, for your knee problems!

And Fred, I am glad you did not go for that surgery. Two wrongs do not make a right.

@Dick, Thanks for the recommend :). I can't personally have something that covers the kneecap, but it might be great for someone else reading here.

Nalo,
They make at brace like the Incredibrace(different brand) but that has a hole over the knee cap:)

Naio
Explorer
Explorer
Awww...!

Hugs to everyone here, for your knee problems!

And Fred, I am glad you did not go for that surgery. Two wrongs do not make a right.

@Dick, Thanks for the recommend :). I can't personally have something that covers the kneecap, but it might be great for someone else reading here.
3/4 timing in a DIY van conversion. Backroads, mountains, boondocking, sometimes big cities for a change of pace.

Cloud_Dancer
Explorer II
Explorer II
Whereas I did not go see the doctor (both knees). Instead, I started taking glucosamine/chondroitin. The mind is powerful, and sometimes a placebo can trigger the production of whatever your body might need. OTOH sometimes you need surgery.
But, I need the money for something else. Bottom line, there's no substitute for money. THERE, I feel better already.
Willie & Betty Sue
Miko & Sparky
2003 41 ft Dutch Star Diesel Pusher/Spartan
Floorplan 4010
Blazer toad & Ranger bassboat

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
gbopp wrote:
I understand completely. Maybe it's time to have your knee replaced?
I hope you're up and on the road soon..

Just don't do them at the same time:(:(:(

Jim_Shoe
Explorer
Explorer
If I'd known I was going to live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself.
Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
Naio wrote:
I was planning to leave tonight for a 4-day mini trip. I've been stuck in one spot for the last two months, dealing with some life stuff. Was really looking forward to some wild.

But I went in today for an MRI on an old knee injury that gives me trouble, and the position they had me in for the machine has messed up my good leg. I don't know if I can go on this little trip, without further injury, now that it's already strained.

I'll see how I feel in the morning, but as the night progresses it is not looking good.

Just posting here to whine with people who will understand!

Old knee injury:(

Go to a good sporting store or go on Amazon and order a knee support called "INCREDIBRACE". Buy one for each knee. It is like a tube that just slides over your foot and then pulled up over your knee. Easy and quick. Will provide great support and relief and can be worn at night when you sleep if your knee is really bothering you. Recommended by orthopedic surgeons and chiropractors.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
I understand completely. Maybe it's time to have your knee replaced?
I hope you're up and on the road soon..

Halmfamily
Explorer
Explorer
Golden_HVAC wrote:
Yes understand knee injuries.

My wife had been complaining about the dog pushing her knee sideways when the 35 pound dog came up to greet her a few days ago.

I had (well still have) torn ligaments in my right knee. So the 'doctor' proposed relieving (actually cutting) the left side of my right kneecap ligaments, so it will not pull to the right, but should stay centered. I needed a much better doctor!

Good luck on your trip!

Fred.

In 2012 I had this surgery on both knees. The cut through my ligaments, some muscle and other tissue trying to realign my knee caps. Doctor said at my age, 42 at the time, it was a 50/50 shot to correct the problem, if I was 16 great prognosis.

Needless to say I was out of work nine months and recovery was horrible. I had to relearn to walk after each surgery, crutches then cane then well hell it didn't work. It was depressing watching 60 to 70 year olds who had full knee replacement up and walking in days and couldn't walk after 6 weeks. Talk to a physical therapist, not associated with the doctor, and find out what the recovery is like. This procedure is one of the hardest to recover from, wish I would have know that in the beginning.

I'm back to square one with no options and deal with a good hiking staph when on uneven ground and some meds when the pain is too much.

Best of luck with your kees.
2008 GMC Sierra 3500 SLT DRW D/A 4x4 (Big All)
2006 Ford F350 PSD SRW King Ranch 4x4 (Henry) (Sold)
B&W Companion, 90 Aux Fuel Tank, Scan Gauge II, Curt f/m hitch, Swagman XC
2015 Forest River Sierra 360 PDEK
DW Diane, DS Michael, FB Draco and Sabian

naturist
Nomad
Nomad
Sympathy here, although my knees are fine. At my age, however, . . . .

And it does indeed sound to me like a "second opinion" is in order, Fred. I'd go for a knee brace long before I'd go for that surgery.

Golden_HVAC
Explorer
Explorer
Yes understand knee injuries.

My wife had been complaining about the dog pushing her knee sideways when the 35 pound dog came up to greet her a few days ago.

I had (well still have) torn ligaments in my right knee. So the 'doctor' proposed relieving (actually cutting) the left side of my right kneecap ligaments, so it will not pull to the right, but should stay centered. I needed a much better doctor!

Good luck on your trip!

Fred.
Money can't buy happiness but somehow it's more comfortable to cry in a

Porsche or Country Coach!

If there's a WILL, I want to be in it!

I havn't been everywhere, but it's on my list.

Kangen.com Alkaline water

Escapees.com