cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Big Foot vs Level Up

Bob_Vaughn
Explorer
Explorer
It looks like the Big Foot system every leg has its own hydraulic tank and pump but the Level Up system uses one pump for all legs. So which system should be more worry free and less troublesome??
7 REPLIES 7

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
Rick Jay wrote:
Dutch_12078 wrote:
I met an RV'er a couple of years ago that had one pump fail, but he was still able to level and stabilize his coach using a bottle jack in place of the dead leg until a replacement pump arrived.

Great idea. I have the Big Foot system and was trying to figure out how someone leveled with only three of the jacks working. But putting the bottle jack under the inoperative jack is a work-around. I've got to remember to pack one of my bottle jacks in the Spring. ๐Ÿ™‚ Not that I've had any problems with the Big Foot system. I really like it, but don't have anything to compare it to as this is still our first RV. But it's 11 1/2 years old now and stuff does fail, so having a bottle jack on hand would be a good back-up (and therefore make sure they keep working!).

Thanks,

~Rick

Naturally, you would use manual mode to set the jacks in that situation. I carry a small 9-ton and a 20-ton bottle jack, mainly for tire changes or other repairs if needed, and either one would work as a leveling jack temporary replacement.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

Rick_Jay
Explorer II
Explorer II
Dutch_12078 wrote:
I met an RV'er a couple of years ago that had one pump fail, but he was still able to level and stabilize his coach using a bottle jack in place of the dead leg until a replacement pump arrived.

Great idea. I have the Big Foot system and was trying to figure out how someone leveled with only three of the jacks working. But putting the bottle jack under the inoperative jack is a work-around. I've got to remember to pack one of my bottle jacks in the Spring. ๐Ÿ™‚ Not that I've had any problems with the Big Foot system. I really like it, but don't have anything to compare it to as this is still our first RV. But it's 11 1/2 years old now and stuff does fail, so having a bottle jack on hand would be a good back-up (and therefore make sure they keep working!).

Thanks,

~Rick
2005 Georgie Boy Cruise Master 3625 DS on a Workhorse W-22
Rick, Gail, 1 girl (27-Angel since 2008), 1 girl (22), 2 boys (23 & 20).
2001 Honda Odyssey, Demco Aluminator tow bar & tow plate, SMI Silent Partner brake controller.

Duck
Explorer
Explorer
I have a the Level Up system on my trailer. Have had no problems with it from day one.
Don
08-FORD F350 PSD
13 Bighorn 3055RL {For Sale}

kennethwooster
Explorer
Explorer
I have the Big Foot system and love it. Our unit is a 2011, and we have had all these years trouble free. I've had enough of Lippert products to do me a life time.
kenneth wooster- retired farmer. Biblical History Teacher in public HS, and substitute teacher.
wife Diana-adult probation officer, now retired.
31KSLS Full Body paint Cameo
Ford F350 2014 DRW 4X4 King Ranch.
20K B&W Puck mount hitch

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
I installed a BigFoot single pump system on our previous coach and have the individual pump system on our current coach. Both worked well, but I do like the convenience of our current fully automatic system better. I also like the idea that if a pump fails, we don't lose the whole system. I met an RV'er a couple of years ago that had one pump fail, but he was still able to level and stabilize his coach using a bottle jack in place of the dead leg until a replacement pump arrived.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

jnharley
Explorer
Explorer
We have the Big Foot leveling system and each leg will lift 17k. We have had to have a few tweaks to the system but it works great for us,
2015 Dodge Dually
2012 NuWa Discover America 355CK

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
The longer I use my camper, the less love I have for Lippert. Kind of like the Yankees and Cowboys- I like anyone playing against them. ๐Ÿ™‚

That said, I explored both and I personally liked the idea of each leg having its own pump and not having hydraulic lines running the length of the camper. I know long hydraulic lines are done in many industries and configurations; I just feel like things are generally half-assed with RVs and it's a point of problems.

I do know that Lippert has been trying to get a system like Big Foots with separate hydraulic tanks for a while now (like a year+). They just haven't come to market with it yet. I'm not sure what the hold up is.
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page