cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Blackstone griddle regulator adapt

Jackfate
Explorer
Explorer
Looking at said griddle. Wondered if someone had removed the regulator & plumbed to the external gas outlet . Like Iโ€™ve already done on a weber Q. Fittings on the blackstone are not like a Q.
12 REPLIES 12

Nunyadamn
Explorer
Explorer
golf_bears wrote:
Nunyadamn, Thanks much for the pictures. I think I got it now. Just need to wait for the rain to let up so I can get the wrenches out of tool box in the truck. Looks like an easy fix.

Thanks

No problem - it's pretty easy. Just make sure to get either propane tape or propane sealer (lowes and home depot carry it) and test the connections with soapy water before using.
2014 Jayco Jayflight 32BHDS
2015 Ford F250 Lariat 4x4 Crew Cab 6.7L Powerstroke

golf_bears
Explorer
Explorer
Nunyadamn, Thanks much for the pictures. I think I got it now. Just need to wait for the rain to let up so I can get the wrenches out of tool box in the truck. Looks like an easy fix.

Thanks

myredracer
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you're having trouble finding the right fittings and pieces, see if you have an industrial hose supplier nearby. We have one called New-Line Hose & Fittings that has anything and everything to do with any kind of hoses for fluids or gases. Have had a couple of RV dealers tell me to go there for propane parts they didn't have. Take the pieces you have into them so they know exactly what you need. Or take the pieces somewhere that can identify the thread pitch/size you have and order what you need online.

Posting a pic or two of what you have may help.

Nunyadamn
Explorer
Explorer
In case anyone is looking for hoses, I use two of these for the fire pit and usually one with the coleman barbecue:
Camco 57282

Nunyadamn
Explorer
Explorer
golf_bears wrote:
Nunyadamn, Can you elaborate more on your solution with perhaps some pictures. I have a Coleman grill that I would like to connect to the RV external LP line. The grill connection has a "goose neck" connector to the grill after the regulator. Two regulators in series doesn't cut it, not much heat.

Here is my coleman connection - just remove the stainless piece that goes into the brass piece and put on a 1/4" Female Pipe x 1/8" Male Pipe elbow like in my picture:
Top Coleman Modified vs blackstone not modified

Here is the elbow I used:
Anderson 1/4 to 1/8 elbow

Buy a 1/4" Male x 1/8" Female so you can still use the small bottles if needed:
1/4" Male x 1/8" Female

Here is how that looks:
Regulator with quick disconnect
Quick with regulator

This is the quick disconnect set I used:
Camco 59853

I did the same thing with my camp chef fire pit and I plan on doing it with the two propane tabletop heaters I just bought. The blackstone will be just as easy.

wowens79
Explorer III
Explorer III
There are a couple of threads on how to do it on some other forums. I found this on YouTube, and is what I'm going to do by springtime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpFk_xSn0AY
2022 Ford F-350 7.3l
2002 Chevy Silverado 1500HD 6.0l 268k miles (retired)
2016 Heritage Glen 29BH
2003 Flagstaff 228D Pop Up

Jackfate
Explorer
Explorer
Update, I currently donโ€™t own the said griddle but I closely looked it over & unscrewed the regulator. With regulator removed you are left with a male 3/16โ€ thread ( best guess!) maybe 1/4โ€ the Q had a 1/8โ€ ( someone elseโ€™s measurement) . I wonโ€™t buy the griddle until I know that I can make it work on a already regulated line. If I get to Rural King and they have one in stock I may be able to make some fittings work that they have in store but doubt they will have the quick coupler.

Ron3rd
Explorer II
Explorer II
If your regulator does not unscrew, conversion might be challenging.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

golf_bears
Explorer
Explorer
Nunyadamn, Can you elaborate more on your solution with perhaps some pictures. I have a Coleman grill that I would like to connect to the RV external LP line. The grill connection has a "goose neck" connector to the grill after the regulator. Two regulators in series doesn't cut it, not much heat.

Ron3rd
Explorer II
Explorer II
Remove the regulator, determine the thread size and replace regulator with that size quick connect fitting. Weber is 1/8" NPT, your brand may differ
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

Nunyadamn
Explorer
Explorer
I haven't, but it looks almost identical to my coleman regulator/fitting. I plan on ordering the same parts for the blackstone griddle as I did for my coleman. You just have to remove the regulator and install the quick disconnect.

Campinfan
Explorer III
Explorer III
I would be interested in knowing this too. I have the griddle and used it on our last trip. I have a propane "tree" that I use for the other grills but I had to hook the griddle directly to the 20 lb tank due to the coupling.