cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Breakthrough CampLite 5th Wheel Trailer - 1/2 Ton Towable!

WoodGlue
Explorer
Explorer
Really very neat and 1/2 ton towable! Weighs 6,490 lbs!

All Aluminum and Azdel & BeauFlor

2014 CampLite 32RLS 5th Wheel Trailer

WoodGlue
2002 Land Rover Discovery II
2014 Lance 1685 - Loaded - 4 Seasons - Solar - 2 AGM's
When Hell Freezes Over - I'll Camp There Too!
Lance Travel Trailer Info - Lance 1685 Travel Trailer - Lance 1575 Trailer

31 REPLIES 31

Carb_Cleaner
Explorer
Explorer
I don't think I get the rolling cabinet deal. You know it's gonna have stuff on top of it. Tissues, remote, magazine, 9/16" wrench. Whatever. How are you gonna use it in the kitchen? What locks it for transport? Ghastly kitchen drawer arrangement. Who signed off on that?
PJ has nice hair. It was my favorite thing in the whole video.
I like the blacked-out exterior trim, too.
Eighty-six the slides, make it a toy-hauler and lower the price. Maybe leave one slide, but don't put the awning over it, as mentioned.
'13 F250XL SC gas 4x4 8', Camper & Plow packages, StableLoads, LT285/65R-18 Goodyear Wrangler A/T Adventure, 18x9 Ultra Motorsports "Phantom" wheels
'12 Wolf Creek 850 TC Coleman Polar Cub 9.2k A/C, 90 watt solar, dual propane & batteries, Maggie Rack

WoodGlue
Explorer
Explorer
For crying out loud, it's AZDEL! A thermoplastic!

WoodGlue

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
I thought they used Azdel for cabinet facings, etc.
bumpy

colliehauler
Explorer II
Explorer II
Kind of austere but I like it.

Homer1
Explorer
Explorer
I see no problem with plastic. I understood it was a laminate of some sort. The O/P makes a very valid argument for plastic, (as it were), you never have to refinish them. It does not rot or warp, it does not burn as quickly, albeit some what hotter. No refinishing, no rub down with oils to keep them from drying out. Nothing will ever take the place of really good wood, but in an RV it tends to make sense to me.

mlts22
Explorer
Explorer
I like the fact they use no wood, so if there is a leak, it doesn't mean that the rig is uninhabitable/unsalable later on due to rot. Camplite is the only TT/fiver maker that offers an all metal, no staple, no wood model.

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
2012Coleman wrote:
No thanks - looks like plastic cabinets on the inside. Just think of what materials they had to use to make that claim. Wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole.

Kinda like all the plastic in our cars and trucks. Wonder what they used for that stuff?

WoodGlue
Explorer
Explorer
2012Coleman wrote:
No thanks - looks like plastic cabinets on the inside. Just think of what materials they had to use to make that claim. Wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole.

You're right, Azdel is a "thermoplastic" type material, and coupled with Aluminum makes for a very strong and lightweight trailer. The interior looks are warmed up by the Azdel panels, much more so than their traditional all aluminum tt's.

I'm not too sold on the overall looks either. I don't like how the slideout comes under the awning, looks like a tear waiting to happen.

WoodGlue

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
Terryallan wrote:

x2

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
Homer wrote:
It seems to me that F-150 is a misnomer for a towable truck. F-150's come in a myriad of specs, rear end ratio's even motors.
The o/p that mentioned the little cabinet being free and portable has a great point. This could become a missile "quick", in a panic stop. I think their basic premise is good, but they are over selling what it takes to tow it. The price of the unit over a conventional, is greater than the cost of a HD tow vehicle IMHO.
The dinette cushions were minimal at best. I think a table and chairs would be a better option. I took note they did not demonstrate what it is like with the slide outs retracted. I have seen some conventionals that I would not own due to severe restrictions inside, when they are retracted.

Very good points; not all 1/2 tons are alike. There are some with 1300 lbs of payload, and some with 2,000 lbs. The person in the video says "this can be towed with any 1/2 ton!". Really? So my friend's 2003 F150 with the 4 liter V8 is the same as my Tundra with the 5.7 V8? And my Tundra is the same as the new F150 Ecoboost with the max tow package which provides much greater payload? Not all 1/2 tons are created equal. The trailer has some merit, but I'm not a big fan of 5ers on a 1/2 ton.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

Dtaylor
Explorer
Explorer
I like that they are building light weight and quality units. I just do not care for their floor plans. I noticed in the video, the door in the cabinet would only open half way because it was hitting the bed. It just felt cramped to me watching the video and looking at the images.
Our Travel Blog

2018 Premier 29RKPR
2014 Ford F-150

ol_Bombero-JC
Explorer
Explorer
At best, rates a... "Gee Whiz".

BTW - enjoyed the post in re the "well informed" salesperson! (SOP)..:W

~