cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Buckee's Road stop

traveylin
Explorer
Explorer
Folks talk frequently about truck stops. In Baytown east of Houston Buckee's has just opened a 96 pump gas stop and shop, sandwich, toilet, Jerky meat tourist trinkets etc. 18 wheelers are requested not to be on the property. Its a Texas operation, there biggest previously had been on I-10 near Luling with about 80 pumps. Most Buckee's have great access for motor home with toad or PU with 5th wheel. I have no financial interest in Buckee' but their sliced brisket on a bun with onion and pickle is worth the stop. My wife insists on stopping at the one 59 south of Houston in Wharton.

Great Texas stop
27 REPLIES 27

traveylin
Explorer
Explorer
Rudeness is not a Spanish thing. There are plenty of vehicles with boats, deer blinds and 4 wheelers blocking the pumps. I traveled and worked internationally for 2o years and was usually the only English speaker. Buckees is not like that.

roxy13019
Explorer
Explorer
Get the Hippo for breakfast. So good!

Charlie_D_
Explorer
Explorer
Filled up at the one in Luling yesterday. Diesel was $2.52.9. DEF in 2 gallon container for $2.79/gallon.
Enjoying Your Freedom?
Thank A Veteran
Native Texan
2013 Prime Time Crusader 330MKS
2018 Chevy 2500 D/A Z71 4x4 Offroad
2006 Holiday Rambler Savoy 33SKT-40,000 trouble free miles-retired
2006 Chevy 2500 D/A-retired
2013 Chevy 2500 D/A-retired

Slowmover
Explorer
Explorer
traveylin wrote:
The Wharton 59 south Buccees has only been open for 3-4 years and they just started construction on doubling the number of pumps. That location seems to have to many people leaving their vehicles at the pumps unattended while they go inside to shop. When the pumps are busy, its just plain rude to leave the vehicles tieing up the space

The main road from Houston to Mexico. Try it late on a Friday. Or into a holiday. You may be the only English speaker. The manners cited above are commensurate.
1990 35' SILVER STREAK Sterling, 9k GVWR
2004 DODGE RAM 2WD 305/555 ISB, QC SRW LB NV-5600, 9k GVWR
Hensley Arrow; 11-cpm solo, 17-cpm towing fuel cost

rollingslow
Explorer
Explorer
Great place to stop love their sandwiches and clean restrooms

traveylin
Explorer
Explorer
The Wharton 59 south Buccees has only been open for 3-4 years and they just started construction on doubling the number of pumps. That location seems to have to many people leaving their vehicles at the pumps unattended while they go inside to shop. When the pumps are busy, its just plain rude to leave the vehicles tieing up the space

PawPaw_n_Gram
Explorer
Explorer
I really can't see lotto tickets as a profit driver. The seller cut is too small to make a real profit.

But they are essential for convenience type stores because they are a traffic driver. They bring people into the store - and hopefully the person buying a lotto ticket will buy something else.

Buc-ee's has plenty of other things to get people into the store.

Also remember that Buc-ee's has 20 'regular' sized stores around the Houston/ Freeport area - which are much closer to traditional C-store/ gas stations.

Along with the 9 Flagship stores - which this thread is discussing.
Full-Time 2014 - ????

โ€œNot all who wander are lost.โ€
"You were supposed to turn back at the last street."

2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS TT

traveylin
Explorer
Explorer
I talked to Arch Alpin this week about why Buccee's sells beer and requires its employees to work on Sunday while not selling lotto tickets. Response was its just money..

chaeworld
Explorer
Explorer
Terrell's Bucc-ee's is open?

Wanderlost
Nomad
Nomad
Buccees' gas and diesel are the cheapest around.

The food is kinda pricy, for sandwiches, etc., but they are really good. The downside to getting food there is they do not provide seats or tables, so it's eat in the car or in your RV. The portions are enormous, too.

Buccees' itself is a tourist stop in New Braunfels. The floor to ceiling, wall to wall displays of candies and other snacks left a Wisconsin friend stunned. He and friend took photos all over the facility to prove it was real.
"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." -- Mahatma Gandhi

Czarny, black cat
Rainbow Bridge: Spotacus, Alexander the Grrreat, and so very many more

sayoung
Explorer
Explorer
Weldon wrote:
New one in Temple,Tx and one in New Braunfels, TX with 164 pumps. Very good operation.

Terrel,Tx is about to open just east of dallas on I-20

doublenot7
Explorer
Explorer
Buccees indeed has diesel, the best price you will likely find and located at EVERY pump. Also have cheap DEF.

I think the bathrooms have just as many positions as the pumps.

Explorer II
Explorer II
traveylin wrote:
Well 2112,,, you seem to have caught Wikipedia in a misstatement regards the sale of lottery tickets at Buc-ees. If you hurry and correct it, you can claim to be a wiki contributor.

Traveylin
Wiki can claim what they want. I have spoken to Arch directly about this. I used to frequent his original store when he was the man behind the counter.
2011 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCab Max Tow, 2084# Payload, 11,300# Tow,
Timbrens
2013 KZ Durango 2857

traveylin
Explorer
Explorer
Well 2112,,, you seem to have caught Wikipedia in a misstatement regards the sale of lottery tickets at Buc-ees. If you hurry and correct it, you can claim to be a wiki contributor.

Traveylin