cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Bugslide... it really works

Desert_Captain
Explorer III
Explorer III
I know there are a lot of ways to get the bugs off of our coaches but stumbled on this one recently and thought I would share. Bought a starter kit of Bugslide at the Laughlin River Run last month to use on my motorcycle {almost as great a bug catcher as our class C}.

{yes I ran the serach feature before posting and it came up empty on "Bugslide".}

Just {pump} spray it on and wait about 30 seconds and then wipe the critters away. It leaves a nice sheen and actually smells pretty decent. I have been having such good results with it over the last month on my New Indian Springfield I decided to go big and tackle our 24' Class C this morning. We had just returned from a 1,300 mile, 10 day, jaunt up to Angel Fire NM and as usual after a trip the cabover was covered in bugs.

Just reaching the cabover of Class C can be a challenge but after a thorough washing {think long handled soft bristle brush} the coach look pretty good... except for the bug collection on the cabover.

By placing a 6' step ladder as close to the cab as possible and moving it a couple of feet every few minutes I was able to reach the entire cabover. This did entail couple of long reaches but with one foot gently resting on a towel near the windshiled and the other on the ladder it was doable. Not much rubbing involved and I even went one step further and put a great coat of wax on after the Bugslide.

The wax is "Chemical Guys - Butter Wax" {Amazon} and puts a shine down like you would not believe. I have also tested this product on my motorcycle with unbelievable results. Anyway here is a pic:

For the record that is our 2012 Nexus Phantom 23P with 49,800+ miles on it. I am guessing that between the Bugslide and the Butter Wax the next crop of bugs should stick less and come off even easier... film at eleven.

:C
31 REPLIES 31

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Do you hold any services or memorials before or after bug removal? Where do you inture the departed?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

RobWNY
Explorer
Explorer
Does the use of Bugslide or the Chemical Guys-Butter Wax have any effect on the vinyl graphics? I've been looking for something to use other than dryer sheets. They work for the most part but looking at the front cap on our 5th wheel in the reflection, you can still see where the bugs splattered. I want a product that eliminates any signs of bug splatter that won't hurt the adhesive on the vinyl graphic and won't hurt the graphic itself.
2020 Silverado 2500HD LT, CC, 4X4 6.6 Duramax
2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

I asked him to do one thing and he didn't do any of them.