cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Buying an AC online??

kfp673
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hello All- I am ready to buy a second AC for our Trailer. We have a Coleman 15K existing so I will stay with Coleman for our second as well. I have been pricing them and the dealer is by far the most expensive. The best prices I have found are from a company called RVPartscountry.com but I am seeing some seriously mixed reviews. Also, it seems like this online company is out there under multiple names. Has anyone made any purchase from this company? They are $almost $300 less than the dealer when you include the indoor control unit so I am tempted to give them a shot but would like to hear from someone with experience.

Thanks
7 REPLIES 7

mr_andyj
Explorer
Explorer
I think I bought some big items from them. I am not hesitant, but I could just be the lucky one.

I have bought and sold AC units online with no issues.

I bought a Mach 8 refurbished for 600 or 800 on eBay and am very happy, it is still like new 3 years later.

Good chance that an AC unit either works or it is in the trash. I not expert, but this is not an item that you can put sawdust into the transmission and get it to work enough to get out the door. Only exception is if there is a slow coolant leak. The units are not serviceable like a car's so a person who could add coolant back to a leaky unit could also fix it!

The only reason to get matching one is for your own personal preferences.

NJRVer
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a few things from them. Shipping was a little slow, but I didn't need it in a hurry anyway.

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
A lot of the bad reviews have to do with shippers, not the retailer itself. RV Parts Country is a pretty decent retailer.

navigator2346
Explorer
Explorer
Check eTrailer I bought a water heater from them and had good service and it was the cheapest I could find.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
What does CW have to do with the OPs question?
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

folivier
Explorer
Explorer
I recently bought 2 Furrions from CW.com and they sat on my order for 2 weeks before shipping. Each time I called I was told something different. When I placed the order the salesman said everything was in stock. I even had to buy 2 inside grills from PPL and pay for 2 day shipping to complete my install because CW told me those were now on 2-3 week backorder. Surprised when 1 showed up a couple days later. CW needs to get their act together.
A friend who ordered the same a couple days after I ordered received his complete order in about a week.

larry_cad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Check with PPL Motorhome Parts online.

PPL Motorhome parts

They usually have good prices, in-stock, and good support in selecting.
Today is my personal best for most consecutive days alive.

Our Travel Blog