cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cab Curtain keeps cool

Turner__P
Explorer
Explorer
This is probably old news to most of the readers but here goes. We accidently discovered while traveling in the southwest that the privacy curtain between the cab and living space could be d****d over the top bunk, hanging down, would help keep the A/C cooler in the cab. So my wife sewed up a long curtain that reaches from ceiling to floor and I installed a long shower curtain rod so that the curtain hangs just in front of the cab over bunk. Two advantages, first that the cab stays cooler (or warmer in winter) and we don't get the greenhouse effect in the living spaces, second is that the living space looks neater as the curtain hides the things we have on the bunk. The curtain is a 2 piece deal with Velcro to keep it closed but is easy to open. We chose a fabric that matches the dรฉcor and lined it with off white (which is on the cab side). We are well pleased with this modification.
Paul T
2 REPLIES 2

Jim_Shoe
Explorer
Explorer
Turner, P wrote:
Not sure why my word was censored. We let the old curtain hang down. I am sure y'all know what meant.

The new "robot" censor is getting out of hand. Its one thing to block a "dirty" word all by itself. Something else again, to block a perfectly decent word because some of the letters are a "dirty" word. If you had typed "drope" instead, it would have gotten through. But then the post wouldn't make sense.
Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.

Turner__P
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure why my word was censored. We let the old curtain hang down. I am sure y'all know what meant.
Paul T