cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cab curtains

Turner__P
Explorer
Explorer
While traveling in Arizona in our Class C we left the privacy curtain between the cab and the living space and discovered how much cooler the cab stayed. So my wife made some nice curtains and we installed them on a long shower curtain rod just behind the cab seats. I screwed the rod sockets into the wall. This keeps the cab cooler when driving and the living space cooler when camped. And it is a much prettier curtain than the privacy curtain. Several trips later it is still hanging just fine.
Paul T
3 REPLIES 3

jcsb
Explorer
Explorer
we used a movers blanket from harbor freight. Put gromlets in and used some command hooks on the cabnat frames to hang the blanket.
Jim Hunter

mgirardo
Explorer
Explorer
We did that a few years ago for when we cold weather camp. We purchased 2 thermal curtains and it does make a huge difference. In the winter, the cab is considerably colder than the motorhome. In the summer, the cab is considerably warmer than the motorhome.

We bought the $10 thermal curtains from Walmart. They sell $20 thermal curtains that are supposed to be even better. I used paracord to hang the curtains, that way there is no gap between the cab over bed and the curtain for hot/cold air to escape. As long as no one yanks on the curtains, the paracord works very well as a curtain rod and the curtains can be easily opened to access something in the cab.

-Michael
Michael Girardo
2017 Jayco Jayflight Bungalow 40BHQS Destination Trailer
2009 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS Class C Motorhome (previously owned)
2006 Rockwood Roo 233 Hybrid Travel Trailer (previously owned)
1995 Jayco Eagle 12KB pop-up (previously owned)

eppersonwayne
Explorer
Explorer
im looking to do the same thing what kind of materal did you use