cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Camco trekker

go_jets_go
Explorer
Explorer
I was looking for a new weight distribution hitch with sway control and ran across one on youtube made by camco called the trekker. It appears to be somewhat similar to an equalizer. Does anybody know how this hitch works or have any opinions?
5 REPLIES 5

MikeJH79
Explorer
Explorer
I am currently using the Trekker Weight Distribution Hitch and absolutely love it!

I am towing a 31' Shasta Oasis and Im telling you this hitch has made all the difference for me.

My old hitch was the Husky weight distribution hitch with the added sway control that was attached to the side of the travel trailer tounge and to the hitch....... the Trekker is 1000x better at handdeling sway and I no longer squeez my steering wheel evertime a tractor trailer passes by. With the Tekker its no big deal.

You will not regret buying this hitch!

jerem0621
Explorer II
Explorer II
According to the video there is only a small degree of sway control (literally) and the sway control disengages for turns when the tv and the trailer are at obtuse angle than at what the typical trailer movement is going down the road. I forget the degrees but if you are turning at a right angle then There is no sway control. The sway only works when then truck and trailer are nearly inline and there is small variance.

Thanks

Jeremiah
TV-2022 Silverado 2WD
TT - Zinger 270BH
WD Hitch- HaulMaster 1,000 lb Round Bar
Dual Friction bar sway control

Itโ€™s Kind of Fun to do the Impossible
~Walt Disney~

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
It could be OK, but I've never heard of it either. The way the Equalizer works, and this hitch looks similar, is there are friction points in the head and friction points where the bars contact the L brackets on the trailer. You can find the Equalizer online for under $500 with free shipping. I think I paid about $485 for mine off Amazon with free shipping. For something this important, I would go with the real deal. I've heard stories on this forum of Chinese hitch heads having problems.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

go_jets_go
Explorer
Explorer
I was also leaning towards the equalizer 4way hitch myself but when I ran across this hitch it kind of piqued my curiosity as I had never heard of it before. After watching the video on YouTube I couldn't figure out how the sway control worked and was wondering if anybody had any ideas as the video was very vague.

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah, looks like a knockoff of the Equalizer. Can't say good or bad about it but I have a real Equalizer made in USA. Lots of Camco stuff is China junk. What size trailer are you going to pull?
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"