cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

campground to avoid

soje
Explorer
Explorer
FRIENDSHIP ACRES 2210 north highway 44 Rootstown Ohio.
Not so friendly.
In my 30 years RVing I have NEVER met such unfriendly,foul mouthed owners as these people.
I spent one night in Sept cause I was exhausted-BIG mistake.
I do wish no one to experience this. RVing should and usually is enjoyable.
I do not wish to offend anyone
39 REPLIES 39

colliehauler
Explorer III
Explorer III
fj12ryder wrote:
So one side of the story is all it takes huh?

Personally from the way the OP got totally bent out of shape by people daring to ask questions, it sounds like it may not be completely one-sided.
Since you directed that at me I will answer. Did you read Beemerphile1 post? To many other campgrounds to choose this one. If you find this behavior acceptable your money your choice. Just like it's my money my choice.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
soje wrote:

I am terribly SORRY that I have attracted the ire SENIOR members since you are experts in the trade
and I don`t need your krap
I have been busy since my return late Oct.
I WAS HOPING TO SAVE SOME UNEXPECTING RV`ER THE TROUBLE
Here is the situation:
Paid my registration and fee-upon leaving Old man says "now get the F outta here" and gives the fingerwave. I just shook my head and told the son to keep him on a short chain.
Residents I spoke with were actually nice and friendly and several said we all know he and his son are ^^&&TR$%$%$`s but we just live with it

ROFL, good Monday morning entertainment!
You should call Judge Judy, I wan't to hear fingerwave guy's side of the story!
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

covered_wagon
Explorer
Explorer
Folks that run this RV park thoooo..... you have to thank them for helping to keep your blood pumping. Easy way to stay alive perhaps.

westernrvparkow
Explorer
Explorer
soje wrote:
rr2254545 wrote:
Old-Biscuit wrote:
Must have been REALLY Awful ....1 night in Sept and its now mid NOV

x2 Really strange

I am terribly SORRY that I have attracted the ire SENIOR members since you are experts in the trade
Here is the situation:
Paid my registration and fee-upon leaving Old man says "now get the F outta here" and gives the fingerwave. I just shook my head and told the son to keep him on a short chain.
Residents I spoke with were actually nice and friendly and several
Glad to see you took action to make sure the situation didn't escalate(insert sarcasm emoji). While anything is possible, I find it hard to believe that the only conversation was you saying "hi, my name is X, here is my money for the night" and the owner's reply was as you stated. Bet the truth is there is a bit more that happened prior to the owner's final comments. Like the previous poster noted, the evidence is starting to build against you.

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
So one side of the story is all it takes huh?

Personally from the way the OP got totally bent out of shape by people daring to ask questions, it sounds like it may not be completely one-sided.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

colliehauler
Explorer III
Explorer III
soje wrote:
rr2254545 wrote:
Old-Biscuit wrote:

x2 Really strange

Here is the situation:
Residents I spoke with were actually nice and friendly and several said we all know he and his son are ^^&&TR$%$%$`s but we just live with it
I find the campground name amusing considering the guys attitude. With friends like that who needs enemies. Thanks for the heads up I won't stop there.

soje
Explorer
Explorer
rr2254545 wrote:
Old-Biscuit wrote:

x2 Really strange

Here is the situation:

run100
Explorer
Explorer
For us, we're picky who we give our hard-earned money to. Even if a business offers a good product, if their service is rude or not up to our expectations, we will not return. Of course, we will give an establishment a second chance, but it's unlikely they would see us a third time.
2012 F350,6.7L Diesel,4x4,CC,SB,SRW
2013 Lance 855S

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
It's true about the cranky management at Friendship Acres. Our Good Sam chapter used to camp there with about 12 - 15 rigs once a year. The chapter members voted to stop because of the management's poor attitude.

On the other hand I do know a full timer that stays there all summer and has no problems.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

colliehauler
Explorer III
Explorer III
westernrvparkowner wrote:
DutchmenSport wrote:
Fizz wrote:
Foul mouth or not.
I don't go to campgrounds to make friends with the management.
Pay your fee, don't buy anything, spend the night then head out.

We had a similar experience a few years ago where management was just awful. We completed our stay there (a weekend), but the initial "welcome" tainted the entire stay there. It loomed over our heads.

The initial "welcome" at check-in does set the entire tone for the entire experience. It's not easy to just "get over it" or "forget it" or "just move on in the morning."

For what it's worth, our "bad welcome experience" occurred at a campground not very far from where we live. We'd never been there before, but decided to try it. If the experience would have been positive, we'd probably visit it more. It is a nice campground, but we'll never go back.

So yes, the initial "Welcome" at check-in IS very important and how one is treated when first arriving will make a lasting impression forever. Remember, you can NEVER undo a first time impression.

Be kind to each other. Life is just too short to live it in misery.
First impressions cut both ways. How a customer acts at check in is our first impression also. People wouldn't believe the things we have encountered over the years. There have been some instances where politeness and a smile would be an unacceptable response.
First impressions are not always accurate sometimes you get the camper from hades. Have a good friend that is a campground owner and after hearing some of the things that have happened, I couldn't deal with it. Any thoughts of owning a campground quickly evaporated.

I would probably be the grumpy old man people would complain about. Dealing with John Q Public isn't always a bowl of cherries.

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
The grumpy foul mouthed person at check in does not stay with us. Everyone has their issues. As long as they don't bother us during the stay, fine, chock it up to experience & maybe don't stop there again.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

westernrvparkow
Explorer
Explorer
DutchmenSport wrote:
Fizz wrote:
Foul mouth or not.

We had a similar experience a few years ago where management was just awful. We completed our stay there (a weekend), but the initial "welcome" tainted the entire stay there. It loomed over our heads.

The initial "welcome" at check-in does set the entire tone for the entire experience. It's not easy to just "get over it" or "forget it" or "just move on in the morning."

For what it's worth, our "bad welcome experience" occurred at a campground not very far from where we live. We'd never been there before, but decided to try it. If the experience would have been positive, we'd probably visit it more. It is a nice campground, but we'll never go back.

So yes, the initial "Welcome" at check-in IS very important and how one is treated when first arriving will make a lasting impression forever. Remember, you can NEVER undo a first time impression.

First impressions cut both ways. How a customer acts at check in is our first impression also. People wouldn't believe the things we have encountered over the years. There have been some instances where politeness and a smile would be an unacceptable response.

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
colliehauler wrote:
I think anyone that has RV'ed for a while has run into a less then desirable campground. I can think of a couple that I will never return to.

yup
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Fizz wrote:
Foul mouth or not.

Fizz
Explorer
Explorer
Foul mouth or not.