cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Campgrounds in the Keys

az99
Explorer
Explorer
I am planning a trip from SW Fla. to the Keys. Would like suggestions of where to stay and what to see. Going for a week or two.

Thanx
26 REPLIES 26

az99
Explorer
Explorer
Thank You so much for all the quick responses. I will have plenty to read on this rainy day.

jyrostng
Explorer
Explorer
I was very disappointed with the beaches, I traveled all the way to the end of the Keys in my RV after the last NASCAR race at Homestead, no beaches, if you are expecting something like Panama City or Daytona Beach, you will be disappointed. We were.
2000 F53 Southwind 32v

phillyg
Explorer II
Explorer II
You didn't say when. I was looking yesterday for the first available in the four state parks, nothing till July/August. The private CGs are $100+ a night. I would say a day trip to Key West is a must do, but I wouldn't want to live there. PM me if you're active duty or retired military.
--2005 Ford F350 Lariat Crewcab 6.0, 4x4, 3.73 rear
--2016 Montana 3711FL, 40'
--2014 Wildcat 327CK, 38' SOLD

JWF
Explorer
Explorer
Long Key state park. All the campsites back up to the ocean and beach. Shallow crystal clear water about 20 ft behind each site.
MichJoe
Roseville, Mich

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
fla-gypsy wrote:
There are 4 state parks with camping in the Keys that offer affordable camping. Plan early and reservations are a must.

More likely to hit the lottery than get a site in a state park in the keys
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
There are 4 state parks with camping in the Keys that offer affordable camping. Plan early and reservations are a must.
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

rr2254545 wrote:
Most people can not afford more than a week in the Keys - most I have ever paid for a campsite of the hundreds I have stayed in.

Bluewater would be for me

X2 -

Stayed here a few years ago and paid $115.00 per night... But feel it was worth every penny! HUGE , clean sites right on the water..

Last year we stayed at Point Of View RV Resort up in Key largo...It was also nice , not as nice as Blue Water , but not far off in our opinion . . .
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

Tripalot
Explorer
Explorer
LynnandCarol wrote:
Check out Jolly Rogers CG in Marathon. Also check out Noname Key for the Pizza joint and the Key Deer.

X2 - convenient location half way down keys so easy to do day trips north and south. Rates good for the Keys.
2014 Triple E Regency GT24MB (Murphy Bed) with all the good stuff
towing a 2016 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
Berkley, the amazing camping cat missed dearly (1996-2012)

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
Most people can not afford more than a week in the Keys - most I have ever paid for a campsite of the hundreds I have stayed in.

Bluewater would be for me
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks

Triker33
Explorer
Explorer
Florida Keys Camping

Get your reservations in now.
Larry Full Time Since 99
1999 34Q Discovery DP ISB 275HP 6 Speed Allison
VMSpc | Pressure Pro
14 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost Toad

Click here to see where I am

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
In the RV Parks section search for `florida keys' or just `Florida' then search the results for `keys' and read on.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

LynnandCarol
Explorer
Explorer
Check out Jolly Rogers CG in Marathon. Also check out Noname Key for the Pizza joint and the Key Deer.