cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Canopies?

forthefunofit94
Explorer
Explorer
I'm looking for a 10x10 or maybe 12x12 canopy. I think I have narrowed it down to the Coleman or the EZup at Sam's Club. Does anyone have experience with either of these. I'm looking for ease of setup and weight.
Thanks
David & Karen Castellon
2015 F150 XLT
302 w/tow & anti-sway package
Backup camera & brake controller
EQUAL-I-ZER hitch
28 REPLIES 28

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
X2
EZup the way to go but Gandermountain does have one that repels water.

Just be aware that not all CG's allow them to be put up on your site. In my travels it was all of the CG's I stayed at said no canopies allowed.

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

campincandice
Explorer
Explorer
We also have the Gander Mountain version, which replaced an old EZ Up. Really like it, although I didn't have any complaints about the EZ Up either.
Candice

Steve - Partner in Crime
Molly - black lab
Sabbath - chocolate lab/weimaraner

2014 Open Range LT274RLS

Tin_Pusher
Explorer II
Explorer II
beemerphile1 wrote:
It is also the only one I found that advertises as water repellent

Good point, my EZ-up is not, didn't think to mention it. Bought it mostly for shade, but both would be nice ๐Ÿ™‚
Tin Pusher's Guide To Successful RV'ing: "Don't get mad, don't get in a hurry"

2002 1500HD
2002 Wilderness 265H
1997 Seadoo GTI
1952 Wife;)

KarenS144
Explorer
Explorer
We have an EZ-up that we've used for several years. It can be set up & taken down by one person but having a 2nd pair of hands makes it a lot easier.
Karen
Paoli, IN

Traveling in a 2011 Ventana 3433
with 1 Hubby and 2 Boxers!

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
Before you buy, take a look at this one;
http://www.gandermountain.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?pdesc=Gander-Mountain-Combo-Canopy&i=76090...

Comes complete with screens and wind walls.

It is also the only one I found that advertises as water repellent. Most are only advertised as shade canopies which means pack it away before it rains.

We like ours, sheds water like a duck's back, stands up to wind and is well built.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

Hondavalk
Explorer II
Explorer II
clicky
EZ UP also. There are lots of different ones.

Skipper_Rod
Explorer
Explorer
EZ-up here also..

fireman93514
Explorer
Explorer
Another vote for EZ up.
John & Judy
2007 Winnebago Access 31C
2008 Ford Focus

nevadanick
Explorer
Explorer
The ones with a high peak roof do better in the wind. Instead of getting liftoff they seem to stay down bettter.

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Another 10x10 EZ Up here. I usually set it up by myself, although an extra person makes a lot of difference. It is fairly heavy, but not unmanageable.

Tin_Pusher
Explorer II
Explorer II
Got a EZ-Up from Sams's a few years ago w/ sidecurtains, banner thing, wheeled tote bag. I'd say probably the best, if you can't afford the commerical aluminum jobs. As far as I know, all parts are available. Kinda heavy though.
Tin Pusher's Guide To Successful RV'ing: "Don't get mad, don't get in a hurry"

2002 1500HD
2002 Wilderness 265H
1997 Seadoo GTI
1952 Wife;)

mlts22
Explorer
Explorer
There are different grades of EZ-ups. I've found them useful as storage, and even as a tent, especially with the walls and floor.

Caveat: How windy will it be where you are? Where I go on weekends gets winds that can go up to 70 mph in gusts when spring gets going. With winds like that, only pro/commercial grade EZ-ups with top notch anchors will stay put. The ones bought for a C-note will wind up as modern abstract art pieces around a nearby tree.

2-MTnesters
Explorer
Explorer
the bear II wrote:
EZ-up can be setup/taken down by one person but it's a lot easier with two.
The EZ-ups are well built and will last a long time. If anchored properly they will withstand up to 20MPH winds with no problem. If available, be sure to get one with the side curtain kit...they come in handy from time to time.

X2, We have the 10'X10' and really like it.
The Webers
Me- Tim
DW- Dea
Pooch- JoJo boxer/lab mix
2010 Keystone Montana 3400RL Hickory Edition "The Taj Mahaul II"
2004.5 GMC Siera 2500HD SLT CC 4x4,6.6 Duramax/Allison, 3:73 gears, Firestone air bags, Reese 16K slider, TFI 45 gal fuel tank, Rhino Liner

the_bear_II
Explorer
Explorer
EZ-up can be setup/taken down by one person but it's a lot easier with two.
The EZ-ups are well built and will last a long time. If anchored properly they will withstand up to 20MPH winds with no problem. If available, be sure to get one with the side curtain kit...they come in handy from time to time.

We have a 10X10 and two 10X15 EZ-ups we used when we were selling at flea markets & fairs. Never had a problem with them