cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

carbon monoxide detector

1mtnman
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have a 2014 Northstar truck camper and have been getting alarms of a steady beep now and then. The red warning light come and remains on until I depress the test button. I have checked each propane connection with soap and water and no sign of any leaks. I have also checked the tank and the alarm occasionally goes off even when the tank is turned off. The detector is hard wired into the batteries and the batteries are above 13 amps at all times as they are solar powered. I have purchased a First Alert 10year detector and placed it very near the hardwired one and it does not alarm at all. I'm thinking the that even though the hardwired detector that is OEM is only 2 years old it may be bad. I have purchased a OEM and hopefully that will correct the problem.
What say you?
17 REPLIES 17

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
Checking all your LPG connections is a good idea but has nothing to do with a CO detector. The CO detector reads the gas as a result of combustion.

When the detector alerts, is there any combustion going on? Water heater? Furnace? Generator?
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

wrgrs50s
Explorer
Explorer
We have found that ours is hyper sensitive and will start alarming if we spray Lysol, or any other type of aerosol spray like off bug spray. Almost any odor seems to set it off. One time it just beeped non stop and I disconnected the battery for about 10 seconds and reconnected and it has not beeped since as long as we don't spray anything near it.
Walter and Janie Rogers
2012 Sundance 277RL
TV 2006 Silverado 2500 6.0

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
Pretty sure solar power does not work at night and these detectors should be called audible low battery voltage detectors...but after13 years on here you probably know that.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...