cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cell phone tracking

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
As I really have no concerns about being spied upon, I make sure that both my and DWs cell phones have GPS tracking turned on and enabled at all times. When we are traveling, we realize that if anything happens, no one, especially family or friends, would even know where we are, or be able to locate us. With the tracking on, and the mobile locate enabled, our family can find the most recent location of our phones, and hopefully, us. The added benefit is that I can locate my phone if it is lost or stolen, and can disable or clear all data on it if needed.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

32 REPLIES 32

msgtord
Explorer
Explorer
Every cell phone is capable of being tracked. Not having the gps on, will just slow down the response of ems personnel should an emergency occur.
1995 Fleetwood Mallard 22B.
2014 Ford F250 Crew Cab. 6.2, 4x4.

The issue is not being able to find one's family; it is being able to find you if something happens to you and you are unable to communicate to the outside.

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
I have an ID in my wallet and if anything happens to me/us my family will be found. If nothing happens to me they don't need to know where we are. My phone has no GPS nor does it need one, maps still work fine.