cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Charlotte Motor Speedway

PCronin68
Explorer
Explorer
I was thinking of going to Charlotte Motor Speedway in October for NASCAR and was wondering what people thought about best options for attending in a Class A. Should I get a spot outside of the race track or in the infield? Whatโ€™s the best options..would love to hear your stories and suggestions
2014 Fleetwood Bounder 34b
12 REPLIES 12

bqcooker
Explorer
Explorer
We used to camp across from turn 2 in the field. No hook ups, but like previously mentioned, service trucks were readily available and we just used a small Honda gen for basic lights. And we got Diamond Tower seats for the race. A long weekend and multiple races were about $300/$400 for 2 back then. Loved camping out there!!! Good times, great people!!

nascar11fan
Explorer
Explorer
I second Ver-EL they are full hook up. Been staying there for years. The staff is great. I go every May and used to go in October..October price was 400.00 for the week. They are very close to the frontstrech...

08UltraRider
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at Ver-El RV Park across the Blvd from the main entrance.

Five minute walk from camper to our seats near the S/F line...

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
PCronin68 wrote:
If in the infield would you be able to see part of the race track from on top of the RV? Any experience with North infield or South? Whats up with "Red Neck" hill in the South Infield

Probably only part of the back stretch and/or maybe turn 3 or 4...depends where you are at. You would probably need to be along the fence though...
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

FlatBroke
Explorer II
Explorer II
After attending several races. I would park outside. Go in and enjoy the pre race festivities, venders and such. Go back to your RV and crank up the TV. Enjoy the race along with the replays, cheap beer and east potty runs.

Hitch Hiker
"08" 29.5 FKTG LS

PCronin68
Explorer
Explorer
If in the infield would you be able to see part of the race track from on top of the RV? Any experience with North infield or South? Whats up with "Red Neck" hill in the South Infield
2014 Fleetwood Bounder 34b

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
Been to Charlotte several times, best seats in Grandstand high enough to see the entire track!
I watched a race at Dover from the infield, view sucked! It was interesting but unless you plan partying the entire race not worth it.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

TS14fansmoke
Explorer
Explorer
If you chose to stay at the RV park next to the Tom Johnson be prepared to pay $500+ for those spots during race week although that is the only place where there is full hook ups.We stay at Rock City(in behind the Hendrick dealerships).No hook ups and the cost is $100.There are trucks that travel the grounds offering water and pumping services and buses that will take you to shower facilities and the track.We normally head over to the full hook up RV place the day after the race for a night or two that way we can dump our tanks that we have used over the weekend and have a chance to visit the race shops.Those spots are only $30 bucks a night normally.

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
Stay at the park next to Tom Johnson's RV....would be better than staying infield or in the designated rv parking just outside the track...reserve early...
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

JayGee
Explorer
Explorer
Infield is usually a little more partying than outside. Personally I prefer the outside.
Jaygee

2005 Bounder 35E on F53 chassis

L2R
Explorer
Explorer
What amenities are you looking for.

I was there last October and just parked across from the RV store maybe 1/2 mile from track. Free bus ride to track and back.

Wasn't plush surroundings but it was quiet and free.
Just checked our bank account, we can retire today if I stop spending money now.

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
PCronin68 wrote:
I was thinking of going to Charlotte Motor Speedway in October for NASCAR and was wondering what people thought about best options for attending in a Class A. Should I get a spot outside of the race track or in the infield? Whatโ€™s the best options..would love to hear your stories and suggestions

Much depends on what you want to see. Infield is fun. But a terrible place to watch the race from. So if you really want to see the whole track. Stay outside the track, and buy tickets as high up in the stands as possible.
Or you could pay to stay in the infield and get grand stand tickets as well. but you would be double paying, as you pay to watch the race when going onto the infield.

For me. I'd stay outside the track, and get good grandstand tickets. NEVER below the 20th row, Once sat in the 54th row. It was great.
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers