cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Chevy Colorado

Tomboy2
Explorer
Explorer
I read somewhere that to tow the new Chevy Colorado four down the battery must be disconnected. If this is true, how do you install a supplemental breaking system, such as Brake-Buddy?
'08 Bounder
'04 Cavalier
'08 Trailblazer
4 REPLIES 4

YC_1
Nomad
Nomad
There is a Chevy Colorado forum and a discussion about having to disconnect the battery. Possibly due to the electric steering system mechanism.
H/R Endeavor 2008
Ford F150 toad >Full Timers
Certified Senior Electronic Technician, Telecommunications Engineer, Telecommunications repair Service Center Owner, Original owner HR 2008

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
I plugged my brake buddy into a small starter/jumper battery jobby. didn't run down toad battery and I wanted it along anyhow.
bumpy

mowermech
Explorer
Explorer
Instead of the Brake Buddy, get the ReadyBrute Elite integrated towbar/braking system. No power required, it is a simple, mechanical braking system, nearly foolproof if installed properly.
If you already have the towbar, get the ReadyBrake system.
There is also a ReadyStop unit that goes with either system and provides breakaway braking.
IMO, the NSA systems are the ONLY way to go!
CM1, USN (RET)
2017 Jayco TT
Daily Driver: '14 Subaru Outback
1998 Dodge QC LWB, Cummins, 5 speed, 4X2
2 Kawasaki Brute Force 750 ATVs.
Pride Raptor 3 wheeled off-road capable mobility scooter
"When seconds count, help is only minutes away!"

Vet_Man
Explorer
Explorer
The Brake Buddy is much better wired direct to battery using a fuse. If you call they will provide you with a kit. BB seems to be to much power for a power point. Took just mins put the wire right to the positive terminal. USE a fuse.
I tow a 2010 Colorado great toad
2008 Itasca Sunrise 35A
2008 Honda CRV Toad
2016 Chev ZR1 Colorado Toad

"We Traveled To Alot Of Different Places While On Vacation, Until The wife Asked Directions"