cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Class C demolished on I75 south of Macon

agesilaus
Explorer III
Explorer III
Going north on I75 we hit a traffic jam around Perry that took us 30-40 minutes to escape, at least it seemed like that long.. When we finally reached the trouble spot there was a Class C turned at right angles to the road, laying in the ditch. Upside down and with the cab just about broken off from the body of the RV.
No chance of photos, traffic was finally moving at speed. Ambulance in attendance but may have just been precautionary since it seems like they would have taken the injured off well before we got there. There have been frog choker rain downpours where you could not see a semi a few hundred feet ahead of you.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper
6 REPLIES 6

agesilaus
Explorer III
Explorer III
What's the point of this thread?

Does it have to be the one thread in three that actually has a point? Heh.
Superbumper

teejaywhy
Explorer
Explorer
What's the point of this thread?
The Yost Outpost
Gilbert, AZ
2007 GMC Sierra Classic 2500HD, Duramax LBZ
2019 Nash 23D

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I spend some time bypassing Atlanta myself and once drove through it. thankfully in a car, I-75 Parking lot was nasty.

I would like to know what happened. I know as I cruised down the pike in my mansion on wheels. usually about 60, 65 if I was in a hurry (The sweet spot for MPG) i'd often be passed by folks in even larger RV's faster than I and occasionally by a Trailer type with not nearly enough truck in front of it.

The RV life is about smelling the roses.
Not rushing to get where you are going.. And as it turns out we all have a common destination I'm in no hurry to reach..... Our Graves.

Now, thanks to a semi driver who took exception to where I was parked and totaled my RV, I live in an apartment. But I upgraded my 2001 Dodge Neon (low 20's MPG wise) to a 2014 Full Size Jeep Cherokee Lattitude (also low 20's for city driving, high 20's at 70-75 low to mid 30's at 65 and at 55 (Speed limit in Detroit) When I hit the double nickle zone I reset the MPG counter 38.9 MPG at 55 in the city of Detroit.. THUD. I do love lower speeds on the freeway.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

agesilaus
Explorer III
Explorer III
We have driven thru Atlanta many times on I75, I don't try to avoid it. The worst part of the trip going north is the section north of Atlanta where you can easily end up on the wrong road. Plenty of other big cities are worse. LA, St Louis, and recently Chattanooga has become something to avoid
Superbumper

mr_andyj
Explorer
Explorer
I75 south of Atlanta is dangerous. South of Macon not as bad, but 75 is the way most people take to FL, a popular destination, and it is crazy. I hate that drive. It is not the worst in the nation, but it is always a gamble...

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
God Bless the people. I hope they are ok.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.