Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

COE Volunteers Needed in Alabama

katfish
Explorer
Explorer
Black Warrior & Tombigbee Lakes

The Corps of Engineers, Demopolis Alabama Site Office located on the beautiful Tombigbee and Black Warrior rivers is seeking friendly, energetic, park host to assist in managing one of four class A campgrounds.

Positions are available twelve months out of the year. Park Hosts are asked to work 24 hours a week in exchange for full hookup campsite with free laundry.

Contact Ben Sherrod at (334-289-3540), email Benjamin.H.Sherrod@USACE.Army.mil for more information..

Thanks for looking... ๐Ÿ™‚
"Every day is a adventure and every trip is a voyage of Discovery"
Steve & Cathy
U.S. Coast Guard (retired)
2012 KZ StoneRidge 36ul
2004 Dodge 3500 (Diesel DRW)
Advanced Air Rider hitch
20 REPLIES 20

katfish
Explorer
Explorer
Foscue is about 30 miles or maybe less from Jennings Ferry.. Come down 43 south out of Utaw, it will dead end into hwy 80' turn right, go past Walmart look for Robertson bank on right, turn right by bank onto Maria, follow it on down to the fork in the road keep to the left, go over railroad tracks, Foscue about a mile on the right side...
NOTE!!!! Watch your speed in Demopolis...

Also You will pass Halls catfish and seafood, good place to eat...

Have fun
Steve & Cathy
2012 KZ StoneRidge 36ul
Advanced Air Rider hitch

WeBeFulltimers
Explorer
Explorer
reubenray wrote:
katfish wrote:
reubenray wrote:
We are currently at Jennings Ferry Campground and if the other three locations are comparable to this one volunteering at them would be a great experience. I wish we had the S&B sold already.

Reubenray, u should ride over to Demopolis an take a look at Foscue Park, COE park with full hook ups..
Have fun

We will be staying two more nights at Jennings Ferry on the way home. How far away is Foscue from Jennings Ferry? We may drive over and look at it.

Foscue is on the West side outskirts of Demopolis about 10 minutes from downtown on US 80 W. Great park!
2012 Ford F-350 PSD SRW ** CURT Q24 ** 2018.5 MONTANA 3791RD

reubenray
Explorer
Explorer
katfish wrote:
reubenray wrote:
We are currently at Jennings Ferry Campground and if the other three locations are comparable to this one volunteering at them would be a great experience. I wish we had the S&B sold already.

Reubenray, u should ride over to Demopolis an take a look at Foscue Park, COE park with full hook ups..
Have fun

We will be staying two more nights at Jennings Ferry on the way home. How far away is Foscue from Jennings Ferry? We may drive over and look at it.
2017 Newmar Ventana LE4037
2016 Chevy Equinox

wannavolunteerF
Explorer
Explorer
Wish I was retired already now, I would definitely consider. Have stayed at Foscue Park and it was great.
2015 FR Georgetown 378TS

katfish
Explorer
Explorer
reubenray wrote:

Have fun
Steve & Cathy
2012 KZ StoneRidge 36ul
Advanced Air Rider hitch

reubenray
Explorer
Explorer
2017 Newmar Ventana LE4037
2016 Chevy Equinox