cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Am I considered F/T now?

Some of you fine folks know me here...

I have not been around the forum a whole bunch in the past year or so. I kinda faded away due to a lot of personal issues. I come in here now and then as I love the forum but haven't had a lot of time lately to sit and surf.

I hope to be back like I always was since I joined nearly 11 years ago. I do enjoy all the regulars I have got to know and also a lot of the others. I've seen a lot of members come and go. I don't want to be one the "goes"

Anyhow, last November I got in my truck, hooked up the TT and headed to Calgary Alberta in search of some work. Long story but there is plenty of work here so no problem there. Things on the home front have not been good at all but I have stuck in there trying to make it work.

I went back home December 19th for Christmas with my family and hopefully to have things going well at home. Such was not the case. I stuck it out until January 26 and packed up a few things, grabbed the TT and came back to Calgary again. I have been here ever since. I went back 3 months later for Easter and wondered why I bothered to go home. After being yelled, screamed and swore at for 2 days solid, I decided that Calgary is my permanent new home. I came back and started my new life here.

A few weeks ago I went back to BC and listed my stick and bricks for sale. after it hit the market, it sold 3 days later for 34G more than the listing price. Surprise...

I have until late November to move everything out that I own. Most of it I am just going to get rid of. All I want is my personal effects. Don't give a rip about the rest.

My wife is going west, I am going east. End of story. 34 years of marriage down the dumper. Oh well, hard come, easy go.....

I no longer have a home, but I do have my TT. I guess I now join the ranks of the F/T crew. I have been living in the RV since last November. It's been OK, I kinda like it. Time for a bigger unit though. I need a bit more room. Looking at a newer one thats 2 inches short of 35 feet long. that ought to do it. Think I'll post a thread about that too.

So, Am I considered part of the F/T group now? No intention of getting another stick & bricks now, don't even want to rent one. Yeah a bit nippy in a TT as a F/timer, but what the heck, I got through last winter ok.

Anyhow, here I am, 60 years old, soon to be single again and F/T in my RV and starting my life over with nothing.

Oh well, now I can hang the toilet paper off the roll the way I want to now without being beat to death for it!!! Haha!

Now about that Tango TT I have been wanting for several years.....

Life is good.
2007 GMC 3500 dually ext. cab 4X4 LBZ Dmax/Allison - 2007 Pacific Coachworks Tango 306RLSS
RV Rebuild Website - Site launched Aug 22, 2021 - www.rv-rebuild.com
31 REPLIES 31

CANAMKID
Explorer
Explorer
Bob,
Welcome back, we all miss the adventures. Most of us have been
down that bumpy road, the nice thing now is that road is smooth.
Steve
CanAmKid

SDcampowneroper
Explorer
Explorer
Tabernac!
Bob,
We have a lot of Canadianisms to yet explain. A 24 won't even get us halfway.
'Bobs Your Uncle' is an expression brought west from the canadian maritime provinces meaning a definative yet incomplete declaration of knowledge of the situation.
There it is. Thats all I know. Thats 'Bobs your Uncle.' A perfect descriptive handle for you.
Max

Naio
Explorer
Explorer
Nice to meet you, Bob :).

I'm sorry for all the heartache you have been through. But happy that you have come to a resolution. And I'm glad the house sale went so easily and well.
3/4 timing in a DIY van conversion. Backroads, mountains, boondocking, sometimes big cities for a change of pace.

SDcampowneroperator wrote:
Bob,
I know what 'Bobs Your Uncle ' means in Canadian speak. Enlighten those ''south of the border'
I'd like to see 'does your baby make strange' 'hydro' 'skitch/skonch' , 'bum' as a verb understood south of Canada.
I'll get a 24 open while you work on it. Might need a 66 also if you are busy.
Then there were Cabarets, Socials, -----

LOL

Bobs Your Uncle has always meant the standard term of .... and there you are, or .... and there you have it or similar when referring to something that has been done or described. Kinda hard to explain the term actually.
Being Bob and having a herd of nieces and nephews that call me Uncle Bob, the term fit quite well for me.

Yes we have some different terms for things but then all my south of the border friends do too!
My mother used to refer to the US folks as "youalls" as in y'all c'mon down for a visit or something. Haha!

a 24 will be enough for me :B
2007 GMC 3500 dually ext. cab 4X4 LBZ Dmax/Allison - 2007 Pacific Coachworks Tango 306RLSS

SDcampowneroper
Explorer
Explorer
Bob,
I know what 'Bobs Your Uncle ' means in Canadian speak. Enlighten those ''south of the border'
I'd like to see 'does your baby make strange' 'hydro' 'skitch/skonch' , 'bum' as a verb understood south of Canada.
I'll get a 24 open while you work on it. Might need a 66 also if you are busy.
Then there were Cabarets, Socials, -----

CavemanCharlie wrote:
I'm glad you are back and posting about your adventures. I look forward to your posts. Every year, month, day, and moment of time, is a new adventure. I hope you have new good adventures, and then share it with us.

Thanks Charlie,
My RV life has been pretty mundane for a while now. Nothing much has happened since I had my awning torn off in the wind on the highway this past April. Pretty sure I wrote that one up here. It was one of those moments.....

Yeah it's been downright boring. Nothing exploded, no butter down the heat register, no flying awnings, no big turdcicles with frozen tanks, no black tanks falling out on the highway, no shredded tires, nothing. How boring is that?

Maybe I better take a few runs up and down the highway to see if I can break something! If that doesn't work maybe an off road experience with help! :B:B

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm glad you are back and posting about your adventures. I look forward to your posts. Every year, month, day, and moment of time, is a new adventure. I hope you have new good adventures, and then share it with us.

Yeah Jim, no more peeling socks off the wall - lol. I chuckle about how many of you guys remember my adventures!!

Fred, wise words for sure, and I do have 4 wonderful children to show for my years spent. Thanks.

pawatt, I wish I could come south for the winter. But I have a full time job and have to work all winter here. If I ever get to retire, it sounds like a plan.

Barbara, I think you are right about the happiness. Being free and on my own now is a big relief. And happier? Yes I am.

Barbara_Atlinbu
Explorer
Explorer
Bob,

You sound happier about being free than you do about buying a new trailer. That says a lot. In fact you actually sound excited at the chance of being on your own doing your thing.

pawatt
Explorer
Explorer
Try to come south for the Winters if you can. So much nicer than the cold & snow.
pawatt

Golden_HVAC
Explorer
Explorer
You might as well enjoy life! I work at a retirement center, and it reminds me that we do not have an unlimited time to enjoy.

So why wait another year to start full timing? Like many others have said, if you made it through last winter in Calgary, you where full time then. I hope that you will be happy with your new lifestyle, and remember that your ex is also going to be happy making her own decisions - just the way that she wants it. You are making her life happy and easier too! So it is sort of win-win!

One song that I hear all the time says He was also talking about spending time on the beach with nothing on but a smile! with his new girlfriend! Then hears back from his old girlfriend who said 'now I regret breaking up' and I agree!

Well hopefully you have some great kids who are grateful for their parents. You can move on from there.

Fred.
Money can't buy happiness but somehow it's more comfortable to cry in a

Porsche or Country Coach!

If there's a WILL, I want to be in it!

I havn't been everywhere, but it's on my list.

Kangen.com Alkaline water

Escapees.com

JiminDenver
Explorer
Explorer
Bob

Sometimes taking that next big step is so hard to do even though you know it needs to be done. Once you do it, you wonder why you hadn't done it years ago.

I look forward to your adventures as I have always enjoyed reading them in the past. I hope your new trailer is a 4 season and that you are not pealing socks off the walls. ๐Ÿ˜‰
2011 GulfStream Amerilite 25BH
2003 Ford Expedition with 435w tilting portable/ TS-MPPT-45
750w solar , TS-MPPT-60 on the trailer
675 Ah bank, Trip-lite 1250fc inverter
Sportsman 2200w inverter generator

I appreciate all the support from all you wonderful people! ๐Ÿ™‚

I am enjoying this chapter in my life. Although I am F/T now with no immediate plans of buying or renting a house in the near future, I do plan on scheduling many weekend outings to nice places. 2 weekends ago I left Thursday at supper time, pulled the TT to a nice campsite in Banff, Alberta, a beautiful resort area in the Canadian Rockies, and I vegged out for 4 nights and 3 full days. Had a blast with nobody to tell me how everything I was doing is wrong!! I love the RV lifestyle.

Bruce - One of my plans is to take a week and do the Oregon coast. It is such a beautiful place to visit and camp.

nomad, as strange as this may seem, I eagerly embrace challenges and less than smooth times in the RV. I love the adventure side of things and what I have to go through to make it work. I am one who dislikes mundane and boring with nothing to work at to get through. Guess I am a little odd that way. Like this past April when a severe windstorm tore my awning off and scattered it on the highway in front of a semi truck. At first I was dismayed but I quickly started laughing about how silly the whole thing looked, and I took pictures of it all.
Who posted asking where I was? Do you remember?

Fred, if I get my new to me TT, maybe I should throw a pound of butter down the heat duct to "break it in" so I feel right at home! Yeah that was a funny one. I can still smell the butter when I run the furnace for longer than a few minutes.... Popcorn anyone?

John&Joey - hadn't thought about the gals in the snowbird parks!! Haha! Maybe I better tune up my dancing skills. Haven't done that for a while. I bought a new stereo 3 weeks ago and dumped the old hand crank dial cassette thing. The sound is wonderful and I love to crank my tunes and enjoy. I find myself standing there staring at it while listening and swaying back and forth to the music. Something I have not done in several decades!!

And one more thought about being out here alone. today marks my 35th wedding anniversary. Hmmmmmm
Onward and upward I go! !:):):)

John_Joey
Explorer
Explorer
BobsYourUncle wrote:
...No bitterness, only happiness now. Things are way better than they have been in years.

Glad to hear it. You're not the first one down this path, and I'm sure you won't be the last. Enjoy this chapter in your life and don't look back toooo much.

Watch out for the gals in the snowbird parks. There's a bunch of them out there all looking for dance partners. ๐Ÿ˜‰
Thereโ€™s no fool, like an old fool.