cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Corps of Engineers campgrounds

popeyemth
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone know of a good IPhone App to locate COE campgrounds?
Lots of good reports on here lately so I'd like to try some on my travels.
Thanks,Mike
"wine is a constant proof that God loves us, and loves to see us happy" ben franklin
11 REPLIES 11

popeyemth
Explorer
Explorer
Will Allstays allow you to "look ahead" to find COE campgrounds ahead of you?
Thanks,Mike
"wine is a constant proof that God loves us, and loves to see us happy" ben franklin

georgem2106
Explorer
Explorer
I have been fortunate. I use AllStays and GPS has been dead on. Not so much street addresses.

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
Camping with the Corps is a great book, but double check their coordinates before using it on a trip. I have found on several occasions they were incorrect.
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

georgem2106
Explorer
Explorer
We have stayed in five different COE parks this summer. Liked everyone of them. Some are FHU, some water and electric only. Currently sitting in Bluff Creek COE.

Alabama_Jim
Explorer
Explorer
One of the best campgrounds I have stayed at is Gunter Hill (coe) just outside of Montgomery, Alabama. Concrete pads (80 to 100 ft.) electric, water, and sewer. You don't have cable, but antenna picks up about 5 local stations. There is no wifi. Great cell phone reception. It is on the Alabama River.

PapaNIes60
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for the initial question and the answers. As a 100% disabled veteran camping at COE campground allows me to affordably camp twice as much as I could otherwise. I receive a 50% discount, for which I am grateful. Being in the outdoors is great therapy for me.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Yes, this is an excellent book!
Camping with the Corp

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Book: "Camping with the Corps" is the best!
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
COE Campgrounds

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

monkey44
Nomad II
Nomad II
Helimech wrote: