cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Diabetic Help

PattieAM
Explorer
Explorer
Just went to a free diabetic overview class this evening and was given this website to track blood glucose, diet and exercise:

www.gomeals.com

I love it and thought it worth sharing. Free!
24 REPLIES 24

RoadXYZ
Explorer II
Explorer II
We got the "kinks" fixed in the RV, have moved to our next volunteer spot, then the furnace burped, have that fixed, so now my numbers are where they should be, and yes, we both slowed down a bit, and decided to eat our meals on schedule.

Need to lose those 5-8 lbs gained over holidays, but have a coupla months before doctor's appointment, and feel better now.

Yes, it is a matter of slowing down, testing, watching what I eat, but definitely will have to be somewhere next January where can exercise more - which means a warmer winter climate than near Portland, Oregon with snow & ice.

Y'all are a great bunch and so helpful, thanx much.
Full-Time RV'rs - Grandma Marji, and Grandpa
2008 Suburban / 2004 Alpenlite TT(FT)

RoadXYZ
Explorer II
Explorer II
Johno02 wrote:
Yes, tension/stress can have an effect on your numbers. However, the changes are more likely caused in lifestyle changes, (eating, not eating, what goes in your mouth and when) related to the stress/tension. Slow down, examine your life, and get things back in line. ... snip ... Remember, I said "do as I say, not as I do". Diabetes gets easy to ignore after a while, but it always catches up with me.

Thank you

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, tension/stress can have an effect on your numbers. However, the changes are more likely caused in lifestyle changes, (eating, not eating, what goes in your mouth and when) related to the stress/tension. Slow down, examine your life, and get things back in line. Remember that a mother duck gets her ducklings in a line by having them follow her, rather than trying to herd them. The tools you mention are a great help in getting things under control. Whenever I let mine get out of control, the best thing is to record everything. Looking at the results is informative, but the acts of checking and recording helps center your attention on what is actually happening.

Remember, I said "do as I say, not as I do". Diabetes gets easy to ignore after a while, but it always catches up with me.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

RoadXYZ
Explorer II
Explorer II
QUESTION - does tension/stress affect Diabetes ?

I am on a 6-month, dr. directed "lose that weight", and in conjunction to that I have been checking my glucose levels (blood tests showed glucose too high), and it has been quite a learning process.

But have noticed at times my numbers are higher not due to me eating a cookie or donut, but has followed a time of stress in my Life.

Just curious.

Will be looking at the website as have created a spreadsheet on my computer to track my numbers and diet. Yes, have lost about 25 lbs and continuing to try to lose the weight. Have other medical issues, so trying to avoid any more issues. And no, there is no diabetes in my family (however, Dad was killed in the line of duty as a PD, and sisters, and brother died before they reached age 30 due to automobile accidents, and my 14 yrs older sister has COPD, so no help there)

PattieAM
Explorer
Explorer
The more I use it, the more i like it. Told my drs. office and they were tickled to have the info. And I can send them a monthly report and save a visit. The nurse practicener(sp) was so pleased with this program.

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
"Do as I say, Not as I do".. That said, keeping good records is one of the primary keys to controlling, and possibly reducing your diabetic condition. Good luck, keep it up, and we wish you well. Controlling diabetes requires CONTINUOUS attention and active work, but, it can be done!!
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

Kevin_J
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you!
2000 Rexhall Aerbus F53 Ford Chassis V10 Triton
2005 Chevy Colorado Toad

Beartoo
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the info, down loaded it on my Smarter Then Me Phone.
DH - Bear
DW - Marge
Buster - English Springer Spaniel
Molly - English Springer Spaniel Puppy
07 Silverado 2500HD, Dmax, Allison Trany
Husky 15K
2008 Wildcat 24RL (Old Camper)
2009 Open Range 280 RLS (New)

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
interesting. I was looking at meters the other day and one of the suppliers has a USB model that plugs directly in and records using their data base ap.
I just record in a word document myself, systolic, diastolic, pulse, weight, and glucose to have one printout to take to the various Doctors I see.
bumpy

robsouth
Explorer
Explorer
Dietary link
"Sometimes I just sit and think. Sometimes I just sit." "Great minds like a think."