RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Safety-Plus steering stabilizer

I just wanted to thank Safety-Plus steering stabilizer company for above and beyond service. A week or so ago we had a steering stabilizer installed at the Austell, GA factory. The install was fast and efficient. After driving the unit for several ho...

Stranded near Sacramento, can anyone help?

I have been stuck 11 days. A chronic health problem got unexpectedly worse and I am too ill to drive. I am headed to the central coast, near Pismo, but I could also go north to Oregon as I have people there.I am hoping to find a couple travelling sou...

Naio by Explorer
  • 34 replies
  • 0 likes

Crack by slide outs

In our old class c we developed a crack in the fiberglass directly underneath the slide. We eventually got it repaired.We are currently looking at another class c that we really like. It also has a crack directly beneath the slide. Is this common?...

Towing a 6000 lbs TT with F150

Hi,How well would a F150 tow a 5350 lbs dry/6900 GVWR/550 lbs hitch weight travel trailer. It's a total of 28 ft long. I think I will be at most 6000 lbs loaded.F150 is a 2016 crew cab with the 5.0 V8. A weight distribution and sway bar would be u...

deanon by Explorer
  • 24 replies
  • 0 likes

extended warranty

Hi I bought a new truck 2016 Gmc dually and was wondering if most people buy the extended warranty or not .AS they are not cheap to buy thanks

diver57 by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

What brake controller

OK, I'm confused:? but it doesn't take much. I need a brake controller for my 04 Explorer Sport Trac towing my Aliner trailer. Trailer has brakes and weighs around 1200 loaded. What kind of controller do I want, proportional or time delay. The propor...

Best Tires for a 2009 F450 Dually

Looking to replace the Continentals on my F450. Like the ride, but wear on edges seems to be common. Towing a 15,000 lb trailer so the truck is not over worked by any means. Might be upgrading fifth wheel to a little bit heavier soon. Short of it, I ...

Garmin RV 760LMT

or any RV GPS for that matter. Do the new units have smart routing? In other words, if your in Richmond, VA going to Portland, ME does it take you right thru Washington DC, Baltimore, & New York City? Does it know that that's exact what an RVer doesn...

sharker6 by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Walmart

What's the best Walmart to stay overnight between Fort Lauderdale and Key West?

Where to do a 30# propane exchange

Where would one exchange a 30# propane Rv tank, once expired? I have done it many times over the years for my home 20# tanks, but never noticed any exchange for 30#. I have a few more years, but figured I should start looking out for a place.thanks...

When do you know....?

When do you know it's time to hang up the wrenches and tools and start seeking repair help? I started wrenching on motorcycles at age 14. Since then, I've repaired and maintained anything except aircraft. I'll be turning 68 next month and am finding ...

westend by Explorer
  • 46 replies
  • 0 likes

Paying in full before delivery???

We decided on a trailer to replace the fifth in the signature. Initial discussions were with the dealer to order in a model equipped the way we wanted. Ordering was fine, as we did not want to actually take possession of the trailer for a couple of...

Flapper by Explorer
  • 38 replies
  • 0 likes

Towing and weather

We are leaving Michigan and weather is calling for sleet and 20 to 30 wind gusts out of the west. We are towing a 35 ft fifthwheel and the tv is a 2013 Duramax. Shouldn't have any concerns I hope.