cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dirty water in toilet bowl after sitting

TheMohns
Explorer
Explorer
I parked my trailer in storage last week and just went to check on it today. The black tank was about 1/3 full when I parked it and I left the toilet bowl filled a few inches up with clean water. When I checked it today, the bowl was filled with dirty sewer water. How could it get from the black tank up into the bowl?
17 REPLIES 17

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Do you leave toilet lid UP?

Dirt/dust from air settled down into bowl?

Somebody used it?
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

d3500ram
Explorer III
Explorer III
Post title=
> Dirty water in toilet bowl after sitting
Well, it 'aint from using it standing up...LOL

:B ๐Ÿ˜‰ :W :E :B :B
Sold the TC, previous owner of 2 NorthStar pop-ups & 2 Northstar Arrows...still have the truck:

2005 Dodge 3500 SRW, Qcab long bed, NV-6500, diesel, 4WD, Helwig, 9000XL,
Nitto 285/70/17 Terra Grapplers, Honda eu3000Is, custom overload spring perch spacers.

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
TheMohns wrote:
I parked my trailer in storage last week and just went to check on it today. The black tank was about 1/3 full when I parked it and I left the toilet bowl filled a few inches up with clean water. When I checked it today, the bowl was filled with dirty sewer water. How could it get from the black tank up into the bowl?
It can't,(shouldn't) unless;
1. Your flush seal is bad, in which case, it probably wouldn't have held water in the bowl in the first place.
AND
2. Your tank was much more full than 1/3, it would have to have been FULL (over full) in conjunction with a bad seal.

Do you have water hooked to the trailer? Or,water in the fresh water tank & the pump left on, is there a cap on the black tank vent pipe,
Are you sure it was sewer water?
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund