cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Discounts of Winnies MSRP

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
I have never read anything about Winnie Dealers discounting off MSRP like has been discussed for other manufacturers. Honda has or had a very limited discount pricing policy, MSRP was selling price for them.

Also when a new RV model hits the market is a dealer more or less likely to discount than say in 6 or 8 months after seeing if the model becomes popular?

Show prices for Winnies don't seem to be much less than MSRP.

Wife wants to look at the Fuse next month when it hits the market and if she has to have that model I want to be prepared to buy immediately or tell her to wait.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II
12 REPLIES 12

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks guys, when I spoke about Honda selling prices, I was referring to my experiences here in the Metro L.A./San Gabriel area and I am sure there are exceptions everywhere you go.

Back to Winnie's, thanks for the comments, I am going to settle on a dealer near us and try and get in on the start up of the new Fuse, if it is what the DW wants. I'll go with and open mind and calculator. I just know that I am for sure, tired of the incessant repair and upkeep to body parts and other house related repairs. I'd like another "A" but the DW wants economy so it is usless to argue at this point. Besides, I can part a "B"/"B+" in front of the house and save $175 a month for storage and the drive back and forth.

Thanks Again.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

2012Coleman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Any dealers that say "No Haggle" or want to show me the invoice price, are the ones I stay away from. Buying services such as Truecar.com are in bed with the dealers. With the advent of the internet, dealers started to manipulate the invoice price as well.

I have used Fighting Chance with much success - went for a test drive and negatiated the price from emailed bids from several dealers. Go ahead and read the info posted in detail. I'm not affiliated with them - as a matter of fact, found the link for them on here.

As for RVs/TTs, your simply nuts if you pay MSRP.
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

soren
Explorer
Explorer
rr2254545 wrote:
Tom N wrote:
First as to your Honda MSRP comment. I have purchased 16 new Hondas starting in 1979. I have always paid much LESS than MSRP. Much less.

My Winnebago MSRP pricing comment. Winnebago's policy is dealers are not allowed to advertise LESS than MSRP for the current model year. After the next model year is introduced dealers can advertise pricing less than MSRP. Even if buying the current model year, bargain for 25% OFF MSRP. I would never buy a current model year Winnebago product for less than 23% off MSRP.

Cracks me up that this advise comes from a person who has not bought new in the last 10 years - could it be things have changed in that time

Yea, I'm sure the last time he even though of looking at a newer rig was at least a decade ago :R and any poster who hasn't bought a new motorhome in the last thirty days is totally unqualified to post, right?

As for the Hondas, We have bought two in the last few years, both were CRVs. Both were moving briskly from the dealer in the northeast that sells of them than anybody else. Both were offered for $7-800 over invoice, and I left the place paying $500 under.

If those are the advertising rules from Winny, they certainly don't enforce them much, since places like RVTrader.com show hundreds of new, an steeply discounted units, from dealers all over the lower 48.

soren
Explorer
Explorer
midnightsadie wrote:
cash talks, they,,ll barter if you show them your a buyer.

Actually quite the opposite. Financing can be highly profitable for a dealer and the fact that you have cash, are getting a check from your great aunt, or whatever, can be pretty meaningless to a dealer. If you qualify for financing, and let the dealer originate the loan, they will do a lot better than if you show up with a paper bag full of twenties.

mlts22
Explorer
Explorer
If a dealer refuses to sell for well under MSRP, find another dealer. Lichtsinn is a decent starting point.

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
Shop around....Winnebago's are sold below MSRP like other RV's. A friend has owned two Winnebago products in the last few years and paid less than MSRP. Much less.
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
There is no policy to limit discounts, there is a policy about advertising discounted prices.

Dealers will discount if they must, in order to sell. If you are wanting to buy something that is selling so well at MSRP they can't keep it in inventory, you are not likely to get much of a discount. If the timing is a seasonal lull in the local market, the dealer might give up some of his margin to make a sale. If a salesman is hungry, he might even get a sales manager to use part of his commission to make a sale.
Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

OFDPOS
Explorer
Explorer
midnightsadie wrote:

Not anymore three separate places I said I'd be paying cash and had a hefty wad for a hold till the MH went through their PDI and to my satisfaction ,the rest would be paid in cash, bank-check however they wanted it.
At one place even had the bank check in hand on a set verbal agreement price over the phone we agreed on only to get there, the MH NOT being what it was being advertised as . The pictures taken at angles hiding damage etc... It was me who canceled that one ...
The POS saleguy disappeared after his boss got into the picture, he was lucky he disappeared !!

So cash doesn't mean what it use too unless your buying private...
At least in my dealings at dealers uhm stealers that is ....

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
Tom N wrote:
First as to your Honda MSRP comment. I have purchased 16 new Hondas starting in 1979. I have always paid much LESS than MSRP. Much less.

My Winnebago MSRP pricing comment. Winnebago's policy is dealers are not allowed to advertise LESS than MSRP for the current model year. After the next model year is introduced dealers can advertise pricing less than MSRP. Even if buying the current model year, bargain for 25% OFF MSRP. I would never buy a current model year Winnebago product for less than 23% off MSRP.

Cracks me up that this advise comes from a person who has not bought new in the last 10 years - could it be things have changed in that time
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks

Tom_N
Explorer
Explorer

Sarver, PA/Crystal River, FL/Shelocta, PA ยท W3TLN ยท FMCA 335149 ยท Mystic Knights of the Sea
2005 Suncruiser 38R ยท W24 chassis, no chassis mods needed ยท 2013 Honda Accord EX-L ยท 2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L

Homer1
Explorer
Explorer
Yes a Winnie dealer will discount off MSRP just like any other dealer. I have saved up to 10K by shopping price for the same model at Winnie Dealers.