cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

drop receiver or no

9er
Explorer
Explorer
Hello,just did out first tow trip,towing a jeep wrangler,measured the tow bar height vs the motorhome hitch height,motorhome sits 4" higher which falls within the blue ox reccomendations,so my thoughts are leave it as is,which our trip went fine but can't help think about the rise in tow bar,should I add 2",4"? knowing the greater adjustments opens me up for dragging,looking for opinions,thanks
Rod
5 REPLIES 5

9er
Explorer
Explorer
Trackrig wrote:
Or, put a four inch lift kit on the jeep like ours has. Tell the DW that it's needed to make the jeep safe. You've always wanted one.

Bill

like the way you think:)

Dr_Jay
Explorer
Explorer
Hi, Follow the tow bar safety recommendations. I needed a 10" drop receiver to stay safe. My receiver is now about 16" off of the ground and I so far have not had any dragging issues (driven 1500 miles).
2013 Winnebago Sightseer
Greater Boston Area

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
My ReadyBrute Elite says it should be within +/- 2 inches of level. What is important is what does YOUR tow bar require?
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
Or, put a four inch lift kit on the jeep like ours has. Tell the DW that it's needed to make the jeep safe. You've always wanted one.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.

Tom_N
Explorer
Explorer
Sarver, PA/Crystal River, FL/Shelocta, PA ยท W3TLN ยท FMCA 335149 ยท Mystic Knights of the Sea
2005 Suncruiser 38R ยท W24 chassis, no chassis mods needed ยท 2013 Honda Accord EX-L ยท 2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L