cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dual Cam setup

NCMODELA
Explorer
Explorer
So I set up the dual cam last year. the truck rode great. the only issue was some sway during wind gusts, large trucks or line of cars passing and some bouncing from the rear end. I just put new lt tires on the car. The first trip out this year it seems like the trailer is pushing the car to the left or right. it seems to get when when going through a curve. Driving 60-65 expressway is good except the occasional push. No more bouncing and little sway. Driving on the back roads at 40-45 is bad. I feel like im getting pushed all over the place. It was not like this the last year at all. it was a dream to drive on the back roads. I did notice that the dual cam lobes has shifted a little bit and was wondering if this could be the issue. I had read somewhere on here that if the lobes were not perfect it was a nightmare to drive. Below are some pictures of the setup when the truck was in a straight line. It s a 03 Yukon xl pulling a 2011 26' keystone summerland
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-Vle0F30ZE-g/U06ALhnwwvI/AAAAAAAAAHY/cX9sDRPC9aA/w1152-h648-no/20140415_164551.jpg

19 REPLIES 19

NCMODELA
Explorer
Explorer
Ok. Thank u for the comments. Would thus be causing the issue I am having?

JayGee
Explorer
Explorer
What they said. The lobes need to fit centered in the cam bar pocket when truck and trailer are straight.
Jaygee

2005 Bounder 35E on F53 chassis

JBarca
Nomad II
Nomad II
Find a level spot (parking lot etc)

Drive (track) the truck 75 to 100 feet straight, get out and look at the cams.

Adjust both to be spot on centered.

Mark bars left and right and once set, do not flip flop sides, keep the WD bar on the same side. They are forged bars, not machined, they are not the exact same length.

Drive around again, re-track the truck straight and check again.

Hope the helps

John
2005 Ford F350 Super Duty, 4x4; 6.8L V10 with 4.10 RA, 21,000 GCWR, 11,000 GVWR, upgraded 2 1/2" Towbeast Receiver. Hitched with a 1,700# Reese HP WD, HP Dual Cam to a 2004 Sunline Solaris T310R travel trailer.

ChooChooMan74
Explorer
Explorer
When straight, cams should be centered in the pocket.
Great American Anti-Towing Conspiracy
2015 Ram Truck 1500 Ecodiesel Tuned By Green Diesel
2006 Jeep Liberty CRD Tuned By Green Diesel (Retired to Daily Driver)
2015 Rockwood Roo 183
Stop on by and read my Camping Blogs
Nights Camped in 2015 - 19 and Winterized

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
It would appear you need to readjust. Something changed on your set up
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)