cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Electric Broom

Aadkins101
Explorer
Explorer
Need recommendations for a lightweight, inexpensive electric broom. Don't mind if it uses bags, but if not, need one that is easy to empty without spilling the contents all over the place!
16 REPLIES 16

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
rockhillmanor wrote:

...you have to look for the amps the vacuum puts out. Amps provide the power to actually pick up the dirt.

...I was VERY shocked that the ones you are lead to believe are the most powerful? Had the lowest amps of all of them!

A motor consumes amps, it doesn't "put out".

Even though amp draw does give some hint of power it is also contingent on efficiency. An efficient vacuum may have more sucking power while having a lower amp rating.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
Aadkins101 wrote:
Need recommendations for a lightweight, inexpensive electric broom. Don't mind if it uses bags, but if not, need one that is easy to empty without spilling the contents all over the place!

As much as I wanted a small compact electric broom for the MH.....everyone I bought did absolutely, zip, zero, squat in picking up dirt off the floor.

After wasting a ton of $$$ on the stick brooms, I finally found a vacumm that is lightweight, small enough for an RV and actually WORKS!

Just a tip when you are looking to buy one.
They can say THE most powerful on the front of the box BUT you have to look for the amps the vacuum puts out. Amps provide the power to actually pick up the dirt.

I found out real quick that 'many' do NOT put the amps on the outside of the box so you can compare products..:R

I actually called the walmart manager down and said I was going to open the boxes right in the aisle to see what the 'amps' where of the product before I bought it. He agreed and knew that they didn't put it on the outside for just that reason.

I was VERY shocked that the ones you are lead to believe are the most powerful? Had the lowest amps of all of them!

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.