cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Electric Grill

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
Are there any electric grills out there that are worthwhile ? I have heard that none really get hot enough to put those tasty looking grill marks on your steak.
24 REPLIES 24

Learjet
Explorer
Explorer
Weber electric is awesome...not cheap, but great quality.
2017 Ram Big Horn, DRW Long Box, 4x4, Cummins, Aisin, 3.73
2022 Jayco Pinnacle 32RLTS, Onan 5500, Disc Brakes, 17.5" tires
B&W Ram Companion

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
Chris Bryant wrote:
I used to have a Meco table top, which was pretty good:

Now I use a Brinkman electric smoker as a grill- works great.

I have the same electric grill ( branded as a Aussie grill) .... I've had it for 3.5 years now, since we got an all electric coach. It works pretty good. I use it just about every night for 4-5 months of the year.
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

Pirate1
Explorer
Explorer
Weber Q. Worth the money.

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
SoundGuy wrote:
The OP in his opening post said - "Are there any electric grills out there that are worthwhile?" Seems pretty clear to me he's not asking about gas powered alternatives nor is he asking about griddles regardless of how they're powered nor is he (presumably) concerned about camping off grid. Why not just answer the question and leave it at that? :W

fj12ryder wrote:
You mean like you did?

In fact, that's exactly what I did. :R
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
SoundGuy wrote:
The OP in his opening post said - "Are there any electric grills out there that are worthwhile?" Seems pretty clear to me he's not asking about gas powered alternatives nor is he asking about griddles regardless of how they're powered nor is he (presumably) concerned about camping off grid. Why not just answer the question and leave it at that? :W
You mean like you did?
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

jvowell1
Explorer
Explorer
We have a Weber Q electric and love it. It's not instant, you have to wait for it to heat up, but you get good grill marks and good flavor. ( your flavor comes from juices dripping on the heat not from the charcoal as many believe )

derouen6
Explorer
Explorer
Love the Meco.

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
Chris Bryant wrote:

I have the electric grill in picture. It has worked great for me for many years.

Jerry

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
bighatnohorse wrote:
If it's electric that you want. . .The George Forman Grill is it.
It's the perfect electric grill.

We had a GF years ago and didn't like it at all as the grilling surface, 'though it was ribbed, was solid unlike the open grill surface on a Weber Q. To refer to a GF as a "grill" is a bit of a stretch when it's really a griddle. :R

Currently we have a Weber Q220 on the deck here at the house and a Q120 for camping which replaced an earlier Q100 we used for 8 yrs only for the improved features the 120 offered. If the electric series had been available at the time I'd have been interested in those as we always have power here at the house and normally camp on electric sites. Good choice IMO for the OP who is clearly looking for an electric grill. ๐Ÿ™‚
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

Sandia_Man
Explorer II
Explorer II
Although we haven't used it for RVing, we use a Delonghi Perfecto electric grill at home that imparts wonderful grill marks on any type of meat or vegetable. We pour a bit of water into the large drip tray below the grill to keep smoke down when cooking inside. Easy to clean and it comes with a tempered glass lid which is not something that many electric grills provide.

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer

-- Chris Bryant

korbe
Explorer
Explorer
SoundGuy wrote:

Ever consider becoming a moderator on here? I bet you'd do a dandy job. ๐Ÿ˜› :B

gmctoyman
Explorer
Explorer
X2 or 3 for the Foreman clamshell. Little mess, and ours has the removable grill plates.
Dave W. AKA "Toyman"
KE5GOH - On 146.52
RV's ? What RV's ???
Apache Pop-up
Classic GMC Motorhome
07 Leisure Travel Sprinter
Do Boats Count ?

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Here is another vote for the George Forman clam shell grills. I got mine at the local thrift shop for $7.

I use it for meats and for finishing off potatoes that I slice, cook in the microwave and then seer on the grill.

I do wish it had removable plates.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.