cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

esophageal surgery

Uneasy_rider
Explorer
Explorer
any one had this done or know someone who has,what are the pros or cons.
lorraine-steve /rowdy(boston terrier):B 2008 f150 super cab 5.4 triton v8 2002 keystone springdale 247fbls malibu kayak pro 2 tandem fish+dive.
10 REPLIES 10

emzee
Explorer
Explorer
God Bless Uneasy rider. My thoughts are with you and yours. Hate this stuff.

emzee
Explorer
Explorer
God Bless Uneasy rider. My thoughts are with you and yours. Hate this stuff.

Uneasy_rider
Explorer
Explorer
emzee wrote:
Just wanted to send my thoughts and prayers too. There is tons of information out there on Google. Forums of people that have gone through this. All the best.

http://www.ariahealth.org/programs-and-services/surgery/general-surgery/surgery-for-esophagus

http://www.cancercompass.com/message-board/cancers/esophageal-cancer/1,0,119,19.htm
thank you.
lorraine-steve /rowdy(boston terrier):B 2008 f150 super cab 5.4 triton v8 2002 keystone springdale 247fbls malibu kayak pro 2 tandem fish+dive.

emzee
Explorer
Explorer
Just wanted to send my thoughts and prayers too. There is tons of information out there on Google. Forums of people that have gone through this. All the best.

http://www.ariahealth.org/programs-and-services/surgery/general-surgery/surgery-for-esophagus

http://www.cancercompass.com/message-board/cancers/esophageal-cancer/1,0,119,19.htm

Uneasy_rider
Explorer
Explorer
Kennedy64 wrote:
My uncle had his done at U of M hospital in Michigan. It was abut this time 23 yrs ago, he would have been early 60's and is now knocking on the door of 82. He had a few setbacks while in the hospital and for some time after he got home,mainly pain and uncomfortable, and getting use to a new way of eating,etc and for the last 23 yrs, has been doing great.
really the only problem he has is getting full really fast. He use to have to stand a lot while he was eating but I haven't seen him do that in years. He eats much smaller portions but that could also be his wheat and barley fillers lol. Gotta love my Irish family.
thank you for the info and as a side note my grandmother came from county Cork . up the Irish

Kennedy64
Explorer
Explorer
My uncle had his done at U of M hospital in Michigan. It was abut this time 23 yrs ago, he would have been early 60's and is now knocking on the door of 82. He had a few setbacks while in the hospital and for some time after he got home,mainly pain and uncomfortable, and getting use to a new way of eating,etc and for the last 23 yrs, has been doing great.
really the only problem he has is getting full really fast. He use to have to stand a lot while he was eating but I haven't seen him do that in years. He eats much smaller portions but that could also be his wheat and barley fillers lol. Gotta love my Irish family.

Navion_2011
Explorer
Explorer
Hello, I am a survivor and have had the surgery. I live in Tampa and had the surgery done at Moffitt Cancer Center eight years ago. If you would like to talk I would be more than happy to please write back with your phone number and time it is convenient and I will call and you can ask me anything you want and as long as you want because it was hard to find anyone to talk to when I went through this....Jean

Uneasy_rider
Explorer
Explorer
Kennedy64 wrote:
Almost 23 yrs ago, my uncle had his esophagus removed because of cancer.
Is that the same type surgery you are asking about?
yes this will be where they remove the section with the tumor is and reposition the stomach and reattach the esophagus.

Greydennyhawk
Explorer
Explorer
May your God look out for you or yours, as you are in my thoughts and prayers for a rapid and complete recovery.
Dennis
Denny, Rosie and Josie the Beagle
2016 Allegro 36 LA
2016 Mazda 3

Kennedy64
Explorer
Explorer
Almost 23 yrs ago, my uncle had his esophagus removed because of cancer.
Is that the same type surgery you are asking about?