cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

External Speakers, do you really want them ?

mountainborn
Explorer
Explorer
While boondocking on a local lake we had quite a storm and found a drip in a kitchen cabinet. Back tracking we found the culprit. Here is the photos and repair story.

Photo and repair story
2010 Coleman Fifth wheel CT325
2008 Ford F350 Dually
2012 Jeep JK Hardtop
http://www.mountainborn.blogspot.com/
93 REPLIES 93

rwjejits
Explorer
Explorer
drillking wrote:
bukhrn wrote:
Goostoff wrote:
Last weekend we were exposed to the battle of the outdoor speakers. One guy playing good music, and the other play really old country music. I didnt want to have to listen to either one but both of them battling it out for supremacy was over the top.
The really old country music IS the Good music. ๐Ÿ˜‰ IMHO ๐Ÿ™‚

Ditto!!
\\

x3
2004 Ford F250 6.0
OEM TTYs Still Tight
210+ and Pulls Great
Original Owner- Lawrence Marshall Ford - Hempsted, Tx. (Closed 2009)
SCT, SG2, Deletes, Pyro, Free Flowing Exhaust, Timbrens, ELC & Filter

2011 Keystone Laredo 245RL

Tin_Pusher
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'd like some outdoor speakers at times but don't know how to go about it. So, on those Bluetooth transmitters, do they transmit thru a trailer's aluminum siding or what? Can I hook the transmitter to the camper CD player? Mostly want to listen to my CD's (at a respectful volume, of course) ๐Ÿ™‚
Tin Pusher's Guide To Successful RV'ing: "Don't get mad, don't get in a hurry"

2002 1500HD
2002 Wilderness 265H
1997 Seadoo GTI
1952 Wife;)

drillking
Explorer
Explorer
bukhrn wrote:
Goostoff wrote:
Last weekend we were exposed to the battle of the outdoor speakers. One guy playing good music, and the other play really old country music. I didnt want to have to listen to either one but both of them battling it out for supremacy was over the top.

Ditto!!
Sheridan & Barb
2014 Lifestyle LS37CKSL
2013 F350 Lariat 6.7 DRW
"On our way to the Gloryland with scenic stops along the way"!

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
Goostoff wrote:
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

FunnyCamper
Explorer II
Explorer II
PackerBacker wrote:
When we first got the trailer I would set the volume then actually walk away from it to ensure they are not loud enough for everyone around us to hear. Now we know what volume number to keep them at.

:B we did this also. I know our volume and it is contained. I did the walk also ๐Ÿ™‚

hotbyte
Explorer
Explorer
dodge guy wrote:
And can someone explain to me why Bluetooth speakers are quieter than speakers in the side of the RV?

They are small and portable so you can place them closer to where you are and keep them at a lower volume. For example, if you are sitting at a picnic table that is 20 feet from the RV.
2018 Minnie Winnie 24M

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
Double post!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
I like our outdoor speakers. I have had no issues with them, except that the morons they hire to build these things don`t know what + and - are for on the speakers or radio! they are not the best quality speakers, but they are just enough for listening to when outside. If they were available on our next RV I would get them.

And I agree that between the water heater and furnace those are louder than the speakers and more annoying!

And can someone explain to me why Bluetooth speakers are quieter than speakers in the side of the RV?
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

hotbyte
Explorer
Explorer
Wanted them in past and thought about adding to our MH. But, like several replies state, the new wireless Bluetooth speakers seem like a better choice now. A head unit in MH that broadcast Bluetooth would be cool to go with them.
2018 Minnie Winnie 24M

Community Alumni
Not applicable
We really enjoy our's, it saves bringing something outside. They were actually on our 'want' list when we bought our current trailer. We essentially don't keep them very loud, we just enjoy some background music during the day when sitting under the awning. When we first got the trailer I would set the volume then actually walk away from it to ensure they are not loud enough for everyone around us to hear. Now we know what volume number to keep them at.

FunnyCamper
Explorer II
Explorer II
I love my speakers ๐Ÿ™‚

we use them all the time. hubby also turns them on while washing the rv or working around it. We keep ours at a respectful volume also.

We had water on our rv floor one time and the water blew in from the refridgerator vent. yea. it came in from a violent storm that was slanted driving rain. We are on our 5th rv at this time and never had speaker troubles. It is a crapshoot what will 'go wrong' on your rv. some have a specific problem, some never ever have that trouble.

water can get in anywhere. no need to give up your speakers etc.

mrw8i
Explorer
Explorer
When in a campground, which is rare since we mostly boondocks, I make sure the closest neighbor cannot hear my music. I walk around the trailer and near the sites closest to me to make sure I do not hear it. As for good and bad music, definitely depends on the listener.

My heater, if it is on, is a lot louder than my outdoor speakers.

Anyone want to talk about generators in campgrounds? Now that, I hate.

BigSkyFamily
Explorer
Explorer
We use ours all the time, at a respectful volume when in a campground with close neighbors. When boondocking, which is most often, we turn it up more if we want.
The sound quality is not great, but good enough for me.
My truck has a high dollar system that can rattle every window in the campground. But I don't.
I appreciate great sound quality at high volumes. The lower quality of our trailer speakers doesn't bother me.

Quit being a bunch of grumpy old men. Life is too short to always be pissed off about stupid things like speakers on your trailer.

Goostoff
Explorer
Explorer
1993 Chevy C3500
2005 Cedar Creek 34RLTS

frankdamp
Explorer
Explorer
You may want outside speakers, but most of your CG neighbors would rather you didn't have them. We don't go to remote CG's to have to listen to whatever your particular choice of music is. Get yourself a transmitter that can send your radio signal to a wireless headset, or a personal radio with a headset.
Frank Damp, DW - Eileen, pet - female Labrador (10 yrs old), location Anacortes, WA, retired RVers (since Dec 2014)