Did you mean:ย 

Forest River Problems

mark5w
Explorer
Explorer
Found articles in the news

Forest River news 1

Forest River news 2
'13 2018 JAYCO EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS- '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
10 REPLIES 10

SidecarFlip
Explorer III
Explorer III
cross21114 wrote:
SidecarFlip wrote:
I'm sure it's only a minor bump in the road for Warren Buffet (he owns FR and others) as well as BNSF railroad and countless other business ventures.

Wonder if the insurance on the building was covered by one of Buffet's insurnace companies?

Could have very well been and knowing Warren, it was probably insured for more than the ACV. Kind of ironic that employees were 'laid off' that morning and the fire 'started' around noon. Sure seems fishy to me. Sounds like an unhappy employee that became an arsonist.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

cross21114
Explorer
Explorer
SidecarFlip wrote:
I'm sure it's only a minor bump in the road for Warren Buffet (he owns FR and others) as well as BNSF railroad and countless other business ventures.

Wonder if the insurance on the building was covered by one of Buffet's insurnace companies?
Chris
2018 Nexus Ghost 36DS
360 Cummins, 3000 Allison
2016 Ford Expedition

cross21114
Explorer
Explorer
WTP-GC wrote:
When you talk to former workers (many/most/all of which were laid off), what kind of stories do you expect to get? Salacious, gossipy, rumor-laden negativity. I'm an employer myself and have very little turnover for a company of my size. But I've had to terminate employment for several people over the years for various reasons, all of which were due directly that to that person's actions. In some of those cases, the former employees saved no breath in spreading fales rumors, lies, threatening to sue or contact the BBB.

Safety violations are an entirely different matter all together. And obviously a lot of things are overlooked by the employees in their pursuit of higher wages (ie "piece-work). But regardless, I can provide safety training, safety gear, drug testing, etc., but none of that stops a worker from smoking a joint before coming to work or refusing to wear the safety gear. Many times, an incident can occur before management is made aware of this and make corrective action. All employees share a common duty to report safety concerns and employee drug use.

Well said and totally agree.
Chris
2018 Nexus Ghost 36DS
360 Cummins, 3000 Allison
2016 Ford Expedition

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I am told they have had "Safety Issues" including fire safety
NOTE that fire safety issues does not necessarly mean a fire. Just the inspector noted violations.

Clearly. they had a fire safety issue.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

SidecarFlip
Explorer III
Explorer III
I do have to say that, in general, Forest River products are a problem, a problem to consumers. Having said that, I have one and I consider myself extremely lucky that mine has been issue free for the last 4 years. Most people are not so lucky and it's a real shame considering the cost of an RV, that they are built as shoddy as they are.
2015 Backpack SS1500

SidecarFlip
Explorer III
Explorer III

My take on the RV industry as a whole is, until they start getting away from the 'piece work' attitude, the quality will continue to suffer. Piece work and the incentive to produce for compensation and quality don't marry very well and the consumer suffers in the end.

Far as the drug culture goes, that is across the board in every industry. Drug use is ignored by the automakers as well. Ford. FCA and GM all have issues but tend to ignore them in favor of production. If the automakers pushed substance abuse testing (random sampling), half of their workforce would not be working.
2015 Backpack SS1500

WTP-GC
Explorer
Explorer
When you talk to former workers (many/most/all of which were laid off), what kind of stories do you expect to get? Salacious, gossipy, rumor-laden negativity. I'm an employer myself and have very little turnover for a company of my size. But I've had to terminate employment for several people over the years for various reasons, all of which were due directly that to that person's actions. In some of those cases, the former employees saved no breath in spreading fales rumors, lies, threatening to sue or contact the BBB.

Safety violations are an entirely different matter all together. And obviously a lot of things are overlooked by the employees in their pursuit of higher wages (ie "piece-work). But regardless, I can provide safety training, safety gear, drug testing, etc., but none of that stops a worker from smoking a joint before coming to work or refusing to wear the safety gear. Many times, an incident can occur before management is made aware of this and make corrective action. All employees share a common duty to report safety concerns and employee drug use.
Duramax + Grand Design 5er + B & W Companion
SBGTF

NRALIFR
Explorer
Explorer
Getting back to their core competencies I guess.

:):)
2001 Lance 1121 on a 2016 F450 โ€˜Scuse me while I whinge.
And for all you Scooby-Doo and Yosemite Sam typesโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ..Letโ€™s Go Brandon!!!

newman_fulltime
Explorer II
Explorer II
This is the third year in s row for this time of year for a forest river plant to burn

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
I think it's interesting that they laid off 50-60 people the same day as the fire...
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate