cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Geocel 25200 Instant Roof Repair Brushable Coating

pcmentor29
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone used Geocel 25200 Instant Roof Repair Brushable Coating, 1 qt, Clear available on Amazon? I may need to seal around roof vents and I think I would prefer the brushable type. My roof is painted aluminum. I have already use that clay tape for most of the vents but I am thinking water is getting past screws somehow. I have also used Rustoleum Flex Seal which went on thick and dried with holes all over. There are several vents on my roof from sewer to escape hatch and the antenna. Thanks
1985 Toyota Dolphin 21' 22RE Auto
2002 at Quartzsite, AZ
5 REPLIES 5

C_Schomer
Explorer
Explorer
I used henry sf287 on my last 5er and it worked great. 5 gal at HD for about $70. Stayed white and it was much tougher than the rubber. It stayed on even where the rubber was loose. Craig
2012 Dodge 3500 DRW CCLB 4wd, custom hauler bed.
2008 Sunnybrook Titan 30 RKFS Morryde and Disc brakes
WILL ROGERS NEVER MET JOE BIDEN!

pcmentor29
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks I ordered the ProFlex Brushable Sealant from Camping World. They were $5 less than Amazon. They had it on sale $5 off $16.83. Thanks for pointing it out. I failed to see it in my searches. Pete
1985 Toyota Dolphin 21' 22RE Auto
2002 at Quartzsite, AZ

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
JJBIRISH wrote:
It would be fine for the metal roof, but it may have a bad effect on plastic parts…

Might be better with the pro-flex brushable sealant…

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/proflex-brushable-sealant/21208

that brush on proflex is also carried by amazon. seems that it would be easier to use a 1 inch or so paint brush and brush it down the seam than to try to use a tube and caulking gun. I have Never been able to apply a good even bead using a caulking gun.
bumpy

JJBIRISH
Explorer
Explorer
It would be fine for the metal roof, but it may have a bad effect on plastic parts…

Might be better with the pro-flex brushable sealant…

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/proflex-brushable-sealant/21208
Love my mass produced, entry level, built by Lazy American Workers, Hornet

Davidlatham2012
Explorer
Explorer
I would dicor around all vents, sunroofs, seams, plumbing vents, antennas, etc.