cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good glue to withstand heat and weight?

rhetthughes
Explorer
Explorer
Hello everyone! I’m having an issue where the front panel of my dometic fridge keeps sliding down. It’s no harm to anything other than one extra layer of insulation. I tried some heavy duty double sided tape that is supposed to hold 20 lbs per whatever small square strip of it. Didn’t work. Figured the 5 pieces I used was not enough so doubled the amount. Just picked up my rv from storage and it had slid again (this was after several camping trips with additional tape. So I’m guessing I need to find some kind of glue that will withstand summer heat in South Carolina and apply a generous amount to the back and to the sides where the panel inserts into the plastic side frames of the door of the fridge. Any suggestions on a glue that will work to hold that front panel in place? Thanks!
17 REPLIES 17

rhetthughes
Explorer
Explorer
2DHoop wrote:
Hello, will you need to be able to remove this panel at any point in the future?

I can’t imagine ever needing to. It’s just reall decorative - that black panel on the standard camper fridge.

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
3M 5200 Marine sealant.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

2DHoop
Explorer
Explorer
Hello, will you need to be able to remove this panel at any point in the future?
2013 Arctic Fox 25P
2010 Dodge 3500 SRW CTD