cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

good sam magazine (think it was called trailer life)

whiteeye42
Explorer
Explorer
What ever happened to the good sam magazine called trailer life i use to get it and then all of a sudden it quit coming does anybody know if they quit writing it.
Me,Wife two boys and two dogs
2008 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4x4 DRW 6.7 cummins
2008 Jayco Eagle 341 RLQS 37' with B&W turnover ball & companion hitch
using rotochoks
add state map
16 REPLIES 16

tenbear
Explorer
Explorer
8ntw8tn wrote:
They must send the free issues only to GS members who also subscribe to TL. I'm a GS Life Member, no longer subscribe to TL, and I don't receive any magazines from TL. Not complaining; just sayin'....

Contact Good Sam. They want to know which magazine, Motorhome or Trailer Life, you would like to get with the insert.
Class C, 2004/5 Four Winds Dutchman Express 28A, Chevy chassis
2010 Subaru Impreza Sedan
Camped in 45 states, 7 Provinces and 1 Territory

8ntw8tn
Explorer
Explorer
They must send the free issues only to GS members who also subscribe to TL. I'm a GS Life Member, no longer subscribe to TL, and I don't receive any magazines from TL. Not complaining; just sayin'....
'08 Chevy Silverado 3500 Duramax;
'10 Carriage Cameo F35FWS
Det 1 56th SOWg

majorgator
Explorer
Explorer
Bob Vaughn wrote:
With RV sales at an all time high why has Trailer Life shrunk so much in size.....I remember one issue years ago that was 397 or so pages....

...because now you can read/learn about everything you need to know for free on the Internet. Sadly, magazines are going the way of newspapers. Now, the only reason to publish a magazine is to have a medium for advertisements.
SAVED BY GRACE, THROUGH FAITH*
1998 Coachmen Catalina Lite 248TB
TV: 1996 F350 Crew Cab 4x4 7.3L Diesel (a man's truck)

*signature amended so that religious components aren't included (per "Admin")...hooray, now nobody will be offended by my personal beliefs

tenbear
Explorer
Explorer
M.R.E. wrote:
It was called Highways. I was wondering the same thing. Once in awhile they put it in a Trailer Life magazine.It was free, so I guess they want you to be buying Trailer Life.

What was Highways is now included in Motorhome or Trailer Life quarterly and those issues are sent to GS members free. Members select which magazine they would like to receive. It is provided free. Oh Yeah, the regular subscription to TL or MH was reduced in price accordingly for members since 4 of the 12 issues are sent to members for free.

thestoloffs
Explorer
Explorer
Highways magazine sticky should answer anyone's questions about Highways and whether or not you have to subscribe to MH or TL to obtain it quarterly.

Bob_Vaughn
Explorer
Explorer
With RV sales at an all time high why has Trailer Life shrunk so much in size.....I remember one issue years ago that was 397 or so pages....

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
Highways was a magazine with articles from both Trailer Life and MotorHome. They condensed a lot of the articles to fit the magazine. I used to get it, I never really looked forward to it because I could read the same things in TL!

I don't miss it!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

M_R_E_
Explorer
Explorer
It was called Highways. I was wondering the same thing. Once in awhile they put it in a Trailer Life magazine.It was free, so I guess they want you to be buying Trailer Life.
toolmaker

whiteeye42
Explorer
Explorer
thanks everybody i will call
Me,Wife two boys and two dogs
2008 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4x4 DRW 6.7 cummins
2008 Jayco Eagle 341 RLQS 37' with B&W turnover ball & companion hitch
using rotochoks
add state map

tenbear
Explorer
Explorer
Trailer Life and MotorHome are the two Good Sam magazines. Neither is free, you must subscribe to them. If you are a GS member you would receive one of them 4x a year, included in your GS dues. GS used to publish Highways for members, but this is now included in Trailer Life and MotorHome 4x a year, and those issues are included in your dues.

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
The Good Sam magazine was called Highways and was discontinued over a year ago. They now have a Good Sam section in Trailer Life four times a year. As a Good Sam member you can get those four issues with your membership.

When the transition took place you had to choose either Trailer Life or Motorhome magazine. Did you choose?
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

PenMan
Explorer
Explorer
It is still being published. If you are a Good Sam member you get four issues of Trailer Life or Motorhome Life (your choice) with your membership. Either way you should be able to check your subscription by calling the numbers listed above.
Chris and Jane
2013 Open Range Journeyer JT337RLS
2006 Dodge Ram 3500, 4x4, Crew Cab, DRW, 5.9 turbo diesel
1996 Harley Davidson Electraglide

RollandB
Explorer
Explorer
My last issue arrived in September and yes, it's a thinner version than used to be. I still find good info in it.
2013 Yukon

2021 Coachmen Spirit 1943RB

Moved from ATC