cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Great deal on portable ice machine.

Halmfamily
Explorer
Explorer
Stop by Home Depot today to pick up some Liquid Nails and found a great deal on a Magic Chef 27lb Countertop Ice Maker, model HNIM27SV for $98.00. I purchased the last one at my local store. If your looking for one I don't think the price can be beat. Have a great forth everyone.
2008 GMC Sierra 3500 SLT DRW D/A 4x4 (Big All)
2006 Ford F350 PSD SRW King Ranch 4x4 (Henry) (Sold)
B&W Companion, 90 Aux Fuel Tank, Scan Gauge II, Curt f/m hitch, Swagman XC
2015 Forest River Sierra 360 PDEK
DW Diane, DS Michael, FB Draco and Sabian
9 REPLIES 9

happybooker1
Explorer
Explorer
Something that I heard about and "adapted" has helped me get ice to last longer. I read on this site someone advertising a "blanket" to go on top of the ice for $20. I bought one of those fold-up auto window shades for $5 and cut a double thickness to fit snugly in the cooler on top of the ice. It's really made a difference! Started with 4 bags on Monday about noon & as of right now have plenty of ice/water to keep the drinks cold. And the chest has been sitting outside in the shade in the Texas heat.
2008 Tacoma Extended Cab
2009 Keystone Hideout 19FLB
Andersen "No Sway" "No Bounce" WDH

ol_Bombero-JC
Explorer
Explorer
The various ice machines are all made by the same Chinese mfgr & re-branded.

Prices are pretty much the same.

(IMO) - the "ice" isn't my idea of "frozen" - tried two different brands, gave up on them.

If they fill the bill for what you want, that's great!

~

BubbaChris
Explorer
Explorer
RoyB wrote:
Not keeping up with the ICE usage is our biggest problem when camping off the power grid...

3 days is as long as we can last filling up our 5-day ice chest - Then I have to head back to town to get more...

Do you go with cubes or blocks? Blocks make a huge difference if you aren't needing to add stuff for beverages.

Dry ice is the next step up. Just make sure you use gloves and wrap it in newspaper (or similar) before putting it into your ice chest.
2013 Heartland North Trail 22 FBS Caliber Edition
2013 Ford Expedition EL with Tow Package

slb5146
Explorer
Explorer
Halmfamily wrote:
Stop by Home Depot today to pick up some Liquid Nails and found a great deal on a Magic Chef 27lb Countertop Ice Maker, model HNIM27SV for $98.00.

I went to Vineland, NJ and they did not have one. I had to drive to Deptford, NJ and got next to the last one. Thank you for posting. This thing is making ice faster than I ever imagined.

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
Not keeping up with the ICE usage is our biggest problem when camping off the power grid...

3 days is as long as we can last filling up our 5-day ice chest - Then I have to head back to town to get more...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

robatthelake
Explorer
Explorer
Even in Canada $99.00 at Walmart for the RCA Brand!
works good Large Ice in 8 minutes! Seems to keep it frozen for several cycles!
Rob & Jean
98 Dutch Star Diesel Pusher ..07 Honda CRV AWD

robsouth
Explorer
Explorer
I had the Magic Chef for about 5 years now. Still going strong.
"Sometimes I just sit and think. Sometimes I just sit." "Great minds like a think."

zackyboy3rs
Explorer
Explorer
Oh, got 1 for Fathers Day. Works ok.
2009 Chevy Silverado LTZ 2500HD 6.0L, 3.73, Gas sipper
2015 Jayco Eagle HT 27.5 RLTS

zackyboy3rs
Explorer
Explorer
Sams Club has an igloo brand (same as you mentioned) $99.
2009 Chevy Silverado LTZ 2500HD 6.0L, 3.73, Gas sipper
2015 Jayco Eagle HT 27.5 RLTS