cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Handy Hints, Gadgets, Products & Gizmos

GizmosMom
Explorer
Explorer
Another member suggested a new forum section with new products but it doesn't look like it will be feasible. So I thought I would post this here under General RVing Issues. If enough people post (even if you have mentioned it before in another post) we can keep it near the top?

Do you have a handy hint, a new product or an old product that makes your RVing or Camping much better?

(Sorry, no commercial advertising allowed)

I'll start:

Someone in the Camping Van posted a reference to using a Super-Chamois to wipe down their shower. I have been using an icky old thick sponge and I like the chamois idea so much more.

Now I want to hear what works for you
Marilyn w/ Joe, 2016 Class C Sunseeker 2430 SF, often pulling a Ranger bass boat. Traveling with Trigger
Smudge & Gizmo are waiting at the Rainbow Bridge
3,560 REPLIES 3,560

wborst
Explorer
Explorer
On our 5ver, the water flow to the shower was very weak. I disconnected the shower hose from the faucet and found a restrictor in the faucet connection. It looked like a plastic washer that fit into a recess where the hose connected. I pryed this restrictor out and reconnected the hose. We now have much better water volume at the shower head. Hope this helps someone else.
:B
Brenda, Bill
Our little dog Madison has crossed the Rainbow Bridge
2003 Newmar Mountain Aire 40ft. Spartan chassis
400 hp Cummins ISL

Gnarly
Explorer
Explorer
To the folks looking to glue the rubber non-skid shelf liner,here is a site I use for any gluing questions:

This to That

There are drop-down boxes to choose what you're gluing...to whatever!

And one of their primary sponsors is Campmor....

~Gnarly
*~* Pray for Peace,but reload more ammo! *~*

TreeSeeker
Explorer
Explorer
>When I click on your link it brings up dozens of ads. Can you be more specific ?

That means the site no longer exists. It seems they have gone out of business.

MSHappyCampers
Explorer
Explorer
NCHornet1 wrote:
Levelair Air Bags

The above is the best gizmo I have purchased for my trailer. No more getting the level close. I am dead on all the time. Adjustments are done easily without moving the trailer. I can't say enough how terriffic these bags are. I made a Y adaptor to fill both bags at the same time. I am perfectly level in less than 2 min. With a total height of 4" they have worked everytime. The best part is no more hauling a lumber yard with me on vacation!!!

When I click on your link it brings up dozens of ads. Can you be more specific ?
Joe & Annette

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT

tvman44
Explorer
Explorer
I get my quick connects for the water from Steins Lumber locally, I like them because they have a "O" ring seal and do not leak. I too I have problems with the ones from Walmart as they leak all the time unless you hold them just right and who wants to stand there 24/7 holding the quick connects so they do not leak.
Papa Bob
1* 2008 Brookside by Sunnybrook 32'
1* 2002 F250 Super Duty 7.3L PSD
Husky 16K hitch, Tekonsha P3,
Firestone Ride Rite Air Springs, Trailair Equa-Flex, Champion C46540
"A bad day camping is better than a good day at work!"

wtb
Explorer
Explorer
teachers-on-the-road,

our shower hose also ran through a plastic ring on the wall of the tub, restricting it's movement. I found it was very simple to unscrew the hose from either the shower head or the faucet, then thread the hose out of the ring and screw back together. you will have to do this to install the oxygenics anyway, and the extra flexibility of the hose made a big difference to me.
can't wait to try out the oxygenics I just installed, just need some snow to melt to go camping.

PhilR_
Explorer
Explorer
Tvov wrote:

Any particular brand of quick connect? In the past, the quick connects I've tried on garden hoses never lasted long, and I gave up on them.

The brass ones from the Sears lawn care section are made quite well, and are pretty reasonably priced....

slarsen
Explorer
Explorer
Quick-connect water connectors: I've found that many places sell them, and there are often very subtle differences so that they don't connect, or don't seal well. Wal-Mart's are especially poorly made. So I standardized on the ones offered by Home Depot. I've used them for years at home (water sprinklers, spray nozzles, etc.) and I find them even more handy with the trailer.

Both ends of the water filter, multiple-spigot to connect to the park's spigot so that there is no net loss of a water source (very handy in state parks in Indiana) both ends of the pressure regulator, extension hoses . . . you name it.

If only there were quick-connects suitable for use with the macerator 3/4" hose, but alas, they cut down the size too much and I'm afraid they might lead to plugging. Not a happy thought!

Scott

teachers-on-the
Explorer
Explorer
Tell me more about the Oxygenics shower head. Here is my situation in my TT. The shower head is lousey. The hose isn't very manageable since there is an attached plastic loop halfway down on the wall which restricts the hose's movement. The plastic shower head doesn't have much pressure. If I left the shower head attached to its holder on the wall while I shower, then the water just drips downward. I want to be able to leave the shower head on the wall and let it spray outward toward me. Does the Oxygenics head shoot the water outward? Or will I still need to use the shower hose and my hands? My hubby isn't very handy when it comes to modifications or plumbing work. So I also need to know what is involved in modifying this shower head in my Coachmen Catalina?? If the Oxygenics shower head weighs a lot, I also want to know if it will stay put on the small clip on the wall?
Thanks for any help you can give me. Happy camping?

eieioh
Explorer
Explorer
Whew! I started reading this thread two weeks ago. I just finished. I saw a lot of useful ideas. I've subscribed to this thread, so keep the ideas coming!!!

1GypsyRose
Explorer
Explorer
WOW! 4 days and 162 pages later I now have a list several pages long of either shopping for myself to do or projects for DH to work on :E But what great ideas! I cannot wait for hubby to get my steps made - he is going to put a hinge on the bottom step so that we can take our shoes off and slip them under the steps.

As I'm a newbie here, I can't think of anything right now that hasn't already been posted. Thanks to all for the wonderful input.

Happy & Safe camping to all!
John & Debbie
Elmo & Titan - The Trucking Puppies

2010 Travel Lite 1000SLRX Truck Camper - "Our Lakehouse"
2002 Chevy Silverado 3500 DRW 4x4
2001 Bryant 232 - "It's Alright Now" - Found a good home
2009 Bryant 268 - "DebbaritaVille"

Our Adventures

teebee1
Explorer
Explorer
I tried the brass quick connectors but have had the best luck with the plastic ones from Walmart.
teebee1
2007 Four Winds Hurricane 34B
2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser turbo, convertible
retired and irresponsible

tvman44
Explorer
Explorer
I did just that on our 5er when we first got it, now at a glance I know everything is latched and locked.
teebee1 wrote:
Motorhome outside storage--We turned all latches so that the handles are horizontal when closed and turned all locks so that the keyhole is horizontal when locked. I can now walk down each side of the motorhome and visually check that all latches and locks are in the correct position for travel.
Papa Bob
1* 2008 Brookside by Sunnybrook 32'
1* 2002 F250 Super Duty 7.3L PSD
Husky 16K hitch, Tekonsha P3,
Firestone Ride Rite Air Springs, Trailair Equa-Flex, Champion C46540
"A bad day camping is better than a good day at work!"

lampooner
Explorer
Explorer
I have had good luck with quick connector for bwater hoses from Harbor Frieght. They are well made from brass & stainless steel.
Lampooner

Remember you are only young once,
but you can be immature forever!

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
teebee1 wrote:
Quick connectors on all the water hoses make for fast dry connections when hooking up water. When storing the hoses utilize the quick connects to join the ends of the hoses.

Any particular brand of quick connect? In the past, the quick connects I've tried on garden hoses never lasted long, and I gave up on them.