cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Handy Hints, Gadgets, Products & Gizmos

GizmosMom
Explorer
Explorer
Another member suggested a new forum section with new products but it doesn't look like it will be feasible. So I thought I would post this here under General RVing Issues. If enough people post (even if you have mentioned it before in another post) we can keep it near the top?

Do you have a handy hint, a new product or an old product that makes your RVing or Camping much better?

(Sorry, no commercial advertising allowed)

I'll start:

Someone in the Camping Van posted a reference to using a Super-Chamois to wipe down their shower. I have been using an icky old thick sponge and I like the chamois idea so much more.

Now I want to hear what works for you
Marilyn w/ Joe, 2016 Class C Sunseeker 2430 SF, often pulling a Ranger bass boat. Traveling with Trigger
Smudge & Gizmo are waiting at the Rainbow Bridge
3,560 REPLIES 3,560

GizmosMom
Explorer
Explorer
As the original poster, I have written to both the Administrator and the Moderator asking again for a sticky.

When I enter the forum I go immediately to "My Forums" and then I can see if there are any new posts in any of the topic threads that I read. That is the only thing that works for me.

Lets keep our hopes up that we get a sticky! Now, THAT would be HANDY!
Marilyn w/ Joe, 2016 Class C Sunseeker 2430 SF, often pulling a Ranger bass boat. Traveling with Trigger

rocknrollpro
Explorer
Explorer
johnhboyd wrote:
But, if you subscribe, and then click on My Forums at the top of the page, this list shows up with the number of new messages since the last time you logged in.

Yes it does, but it does not continue to notify me after so many days.
Rocky
"Everydayz a Holiday"

2001 Ford F250 2WD Lariat Super Cab 7.3
2003 Outback 28' fiver 527RLS
1972 Ford F350 22' Beaver C Class!

johnhboyd
Explorer
Explorer
But, if you subscribe, and then click on My Forums at the top of the page, this list shows up with the number of new messages since the last time you logged in.

rocknrollpro
Explorer
Explorer
John&Betty wrote:
HappyTrailsRVing wrote:
rocknrollpro wrote:
bukhrn wrote:
HappyTrailsRVing wrote:
Someone was asking how to find this posting and I checked and it is not on any of the 16 pages, so I am going to bump it, hope it makes it back. This is the best information on the boards for new people.
The easiest way,is to subscribe to it>

Even when I subscribe to it, if you don't log on often enough, it stops sending me updates. Arggggg.

Sounds like you better log on more often. hehehehe:h

Subscribe with e-mail notifications. That'll remind you to log on more often....

Doesn't work. After about a week, email notifications stop.... I'll just have to take John and Betty's advice!
Rocky
"Everydayz a Holiday"

ralexis
Explorer
Explorer
"Coleman Portable Camp Oven" Greatest thing since sliced bread. It sits on top of any heat source (stovetop, etc.) and bakes anything. It folds up to about 10"X10"X2" and sells for $28 at Wally World. Really handy for those of us that don't have a real oven.
LSU Tiger Fan
Retired U.S. Air Force
Pretty good Cajun Cook
Fair Skeet Shooter
Over-the-Hill Skiier
NASCAR Bum
One Lovely Wife
Two Ugly Sons
Six Beautiful Grandkids
One Lucky Dog

Movin__on
Explorer
Explorer
Bump
2000 Newmar Dutchstar 3365 V-10/Banks
2013 Chevy Captiva Sport

John_Betty
Explorer
Explorer
HappyTrailsRVing wrote:
rocknrollpro wrote:
bukhrn wrote:
HappyTrailsRVing wrote:
Someone was asking how to find this posting and I checked and it is not on any of the 16 pages, so I am going to bump it, hope it makes it back. This is the best information on the boards for new people.

Even when I subscribe to it, if you don't log on often enough, it stops sending me updates. Arggggg.

Subscribe with e-mail notifications. That'll remind you to log on more often....
John & Betty
2007 Dodge Ram 1500
2010 Keystone Bullet 246RBS

HappyTrailsRVin
Explorer
Explorer
rocknrollpro wrote:
bukhrn wrote:
HappyTrailsRVing wrote:

Alicia and Roger
Mission, TX (winter)
Travel (summer)
94' Safari Motor Home

rocknrollpro
Explorer
Explorer
bukhrn wrote:
HappyTrailsRVing wrote:

Rocky
"Everydayz a Holiday"

gloriebkj
Explorer
Explorer
Just found this site---love it! I haven't read all the pages yet but wanted to post a couple of ideas I have had and done. While redoing the floor in the MH with Allure flooring I wondered what was under the entrance step riser. Nothing but a nice little almost completely finished storage box! We added a hinge and now have a great place to store the door mat, awning tie downs, etc. Also while, I had the jackknife sofa out, we had a couple of nice drawers made to fit under it. Now I don't have to stand on my head and hold the sofa up to retrieve things from under there. Someone else may have had these ideas, will find out when I get thru all the pages.......Betty
gloriebkj

Loves2RV
Explorer
Explorer
GizmosMom wrote:
I saw this Splatter Shield and ordered one. It looks perfect for when we cook outside with our little one burner stove and it's windy. Folds flat and takes up little space.

That is a great item. It looks like 2 of them could be used around the small grill for a wind block. We saw someone camping last year with a wind block for his grill, but it was a lot more $$$ than this one. Thanks for the tip. I think I'll order 2 of them.

Bob - Driver
Nancy - Navigator

2005 King Ranch F350 CC DRW 6.0 PSD FX4
50 gal. TransferFlow aux. fuel tank
Line-X bedliner
Integrated Prodigy brake controller
2004 Keystone Everest 343L
RotoChoks ~~~ C-Betr mirrors
Splendide 2100
Big Foot Levelers :E

GizmosMom
Explorer
Explorer
I saw this Splatter Shield and ordered one. It looks perfect for when we cook outside with our little one burner stove and it's windy. Folds flat and takes up little space.

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
NAUTIQUE wrote:
Why can't this be a "stickie" ??????????

Don't know, I guess they don't want to, it's been asked more than a few times.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

NAUTIQUE
Explorer
Explorer
Why can't this be a "stickie" ??????????
Our Portable Summer Cottage II : 2000 GBM LANDAU - 99 F53 chassis
Tweaked w/: Allure floor, Sumitomo ST718's, Bilstein's, Steer-Safe, UltraTrac rear trac bar, CHF & Poly Bushings. Pulling a 97 Jeep TJ- Pics & Mods * GBM Thread * F53 Thread
LIFE IS GOOD! :C

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
HappyTrailsRVing wrote:
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund