cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Handy Hints, Gadgets, Products & Gizmos

GizmosMom
Explorer
Explorer
Another member suggested a new forum section with new products but it doesn't look like it will be feasible. So I thought I would post this here under General RVing Issues. If enough people post (even if you have mentioned it before in another post) we can keep it near the top?

Do you have a handy hint, a new product or an old product that makes your RVing or Camping much better?

(Sorry, no commercial advertising allowed)

I'll start:

Someone in the Camping Van posted a reference to using a Super-Chamois to wipe down their shower. I have been using an icky old thick sponge and I like the chamois idea so much more.

Now I want to hear what works for you
Marilyn w/ Joe, 2016 Class C Sunseeker 2430 SF, often pulling a Ranger bass boat. Traveling with Trigger
Smudge & Gizmo are waiting at the Rainbow Bridge
3,560 REPLIES 3,560

KLO
Explorer
Explorer
Time to bump this, it's getting hard to find!

Poppy___Nana
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone made a "splatter guard" for by your stove - any pics or descriptions?

Would love to see it......we need something, just haven't figured out what yet!:h
Leo & Kathy
Upstate, NY
in the Adirondacks

2013 Rubicon 2900 Toy Hauler
2008 - Ford F250 Super Crew 4x4

MechanicalNut
Explorer
Explorer
Add 1/8" Plexiglas around the sink and stove to contain spills and splashes. Mount using clear 2 sided tape. Finish off the bottom with clear sink and bath caulk.
2000 F-150 XLT 4x4 Sport with all the options
Prodigy BC
2006 Nash 26x
1200# Equalizer Hitch
2007 Kipor KGE 3500TI Genny
DW: (Reunited Teenage Sweethearts)
DS: 13 yo (baseball fanatic)
Man's Best Friend: 50 lbs of love and joy aka "Daddy's little helper"

KLO
Explorer
Explorer
Great ideas,bumping to the top!

GizmosMom
Explorer
Explorer
The inexpenive blue tote bags from IKEA are great for hauling firewood.

I purchased mine near the cash register for only 59 cents each.
Marilyn w/ Joe, 2016 Class C Sunseeker 2430 SF, often pulling a Ranger bass boat. Traveling with Trigger

MechanicalNut
Explorer
Explorer
4"x6" cut into 11" in lengths, one for each leveling jack, 2 for the tongue jack. Putting the blocks of wood under the leveling jacks noticeably decreases the amount of rock and roll of the TT.

Adding an inline fresh water accumulator tank decreases pump run for the small flushes in the middle of the night and for the most part stops the "hammering" of the water pump.

Leaving the carpet on the steps saves time.

Tire covers finish off the appearance of your rig when at the CG and may save your tires from some sun damage.

Front or rear window awnings - level trailer, raise awing to desired position, check that awing is level, mark or scratch arm to reposition in same spot quickly during setup.
2000 F-150 XLT 4x4 Sport with all the options
Prodigy BC
2006 Nash 26x
1200# Equalizer Hitch
2007 Kipor KGE 3500TI Genny
DW: (Reunited Teenage Sweethearts)
DS: 13 yo (baseball fanatic)
Man's Best Friend: 50 lbs of love and joy aka "Daddy's little helper"

vandave
Explorer
Explorer
Not the ones, thanks for the thread. Those pads look nice also.
Vanda and Dave Ludwig (Vandave) Spoiled King Charles Spaniel, Ultra spoiled Cock-a-Poo

GizmosMom
Explorer
Explorer
There are photos of those leveling pads in this thread . Not sure if these are the ones you were referring to or not.

Don___Barb_Bogu
Explorer
Explorer
One of our drawers broke lose in the back,where the guide rod is screwed to a brace. they were installed with flat head screws,which cut and broke the plastic bracket.Replaced all the screws with round head screws and flat washers . No more sagging drawers.

vandave
Explorer
Explorer
Didn't someone post level "pads" made out of 4 x 6 and hinged to flip up for higher applications? I'm going to make me a set and he/she had some nice pictures of them.
Vanda and Dave Ludwig (Vandave) Spoiled King Charles Spaniel, Ultra spoiled Cock-a-Poo

Jeanne_M
Explorer
Explorer
When we got our new MH our medicine cabinet is much larger than the old one and in a corner, but we don't have enough 'stuff' in there to keep things upright while moving - even with the tension bars. Every time we got somewhere I'd have to set everything upright again. One day we purchased something with bubble wrap in the box and I had a light bulb moment...I now use scrunched up bubble wrap in the shelves and everything stays right where it's suppose to. When we got back home I got more strips of bubble wrap and scrunched it into the other 2 shelves. It works great and can be folded and put away while not needed. Best of all - it's very light weight!
Jeanne & Kenny
2005 Itasca Horizon 36GD, Freightliner Evolution Chassis, Cat 350
1992 Honda Accord
And Bailey, our furry traveling companion
Good Sam, TT/Naco,PA,RPI,AOR,C2C,FMCA #F151328
Our Pictures

Aggiepi
Explorer
Explorer
Bump
:W
Edward M.
1996 National Sea Breeze

hemlox
Explorer
Explorer
Lots of good tips here. One thing I have done that we just love, is, installing a dimmer switch on our awning lights so we are able to tone them down when we just want a little bit of light. Great forum guys...keep them coming.
Rockwood Signature 8318SS
Chevrolet Suburban 4x4
Reese Dual Cam WD Hitch
Prodigy Brake Controller

justALnow
Explorer
Explorer
Here's another - I have found LOTS of uses for a 5-gal plastic bucket. Besides the obvious, I use it to store a lot of "outdoor" odds and ends for travel (dog bowl, awning tie-downs, de-flappers, ashtray, some extra rope), and it makes a great step-stool when turned upside down.

Stewart_H
Explorer
Explorer
Lots of useful info here for a first-timer like me!

Stewart
2000 7.3L PSD Excursion 4x4
- AFE Stage 2, MBRP 4", DP Tuner F5 chip, B & V code spring upgrade, Bilsteins & Hellwig rear sway.

1999 5.4L SVT Lightning
- Tons of mods. It's my really fast work truck! ๐Ÿ˜‰

2007 26FK Wildwood by Forest River