cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Has anyone successfully painted Eternabond?

Shot-N-Az
Explorer
Explorer
I am attempting to change the color of some eternabond. I sprayed a test piece yesterday and it turned out pretty good color-wise. However, I'm a little concerned about the paint flaking off after I install. Anyone have any personal experience?
5 REPLIES 5

Shot-N-Az
Explorer
Explorer
Well, I called their customer service and was informed that they do not recommend painting the Roof Seal product. Recommended I go with Web Seal which they said they do support painting.

Shot-N-Az
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the replies. I sprayed automotive enamel on the Roofseal product. I'm thinking I need to spray something else.

yankee_camper
Explorer
Explorer
I have painted Eternabond with Krylon spray paint and it came out fine... just don't hit it with a STRONG stream of water from a power washer or garden hose when washing your rig or it will peel/flake off.

westend
Explorer
Explorer
I've painted Eternabond Webseal. Eternabond Roofseal has a vinyl cover so any paint like Krylon that works on plastics should do the job.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
Have painted the fabric backed Ebond with the white UV protectant paint. Had to apply it with a brush as it came in a quart can with the tape when we ordered it. I expect you to you are referring to matching color to the paint on the coach. That question might be better asked of the people who sell the product. I expect it can be but then that is merely my opinion. Let us know how this turns out.
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow