cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Have you visited Glacier National Park

missourijan
Explorer
Explorer
We have reservations at an rv park outside Glacier. I just made a reservation for one of the red bus tours. We will be picked up at the visitor center just inside the park. How is parking at that visitor center? We have an afternoon reservation and hoping there will be parking for our dually truck
8 REPLIES 8

BarabooBob
Explorer III
Explorer III
My wife and I had no problem finding parking when we went over the Going to the Sun Road. HAving said that, I should tell you that we went on the first day they were open (2016) and it was snowing on the west side. It was still a great trip.
Bob & Dawn Married 34 years
2017 Viking 17RD
2011 Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost 420 lb/ft
Retired

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
missourijan wrote:
We have reservations at an rv park outside Glacier. I just made a reservation for one of the red bus tours. We will be picked up at the visitor center just inside the park. How is parking at that visitor center? We have an afternoon reservation and hoping there will be parking for our dually truck

easier than finding a parking spot at the visitors center at Logan Pass! Seriously, we go almost every year often with our truck. We always have been able to find a parking spot at the visitors centers and the lodges, but sometimes it took a few trips around.
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
the east side of the park is much more quiet.

stripit
Explorer
Explorer
Dick_B wrote:
We stayed at St. Mary's and the Native Tour Bus picked us up at the CG. BTW the Native bus is air conditioned. The Red Bus has open sides.

I was involved with the restoration of the Red Bus fleet. They were totally restored to look like they did when new back in the 30's. And no air cond allowed, but the tops roll back and give you a great view. They are now reliable and safe, unlike the original builds. New Ford flex fuel power trains, non flamable floors, seats and tops, ABS brakes, and power steering. Don't forget to tip the drivers. Have fun and enjoy the ride. Also see if you can get picked up at the rv park, parking around the park is crowded and jambed packed most of the summer days.
Stacey Frank
2016 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40AP
2019 Tesla Model X
2015 Cadillac SRX we Tow
1991 Avanti Convertible

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at St. Mary's and the Native Tour Bus picked us up at the CG. BTW the Native bus is air conditioned. The Red Bus has open sides.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

Pangaea_Ron
Explorer
Explorer
We were able to rent a car and had it delivered to our campsite.
2008 Itasca SunCruiser 35L
2014 Honda AWD CR-V EX-L

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
The visitor center parking was a madhouse zoo when I was there in July last year.

I would ask to be picked up at your hotel or campground... see what they can do.
Or find other transportation to the pick-up site.

suprz
Explorer
Explorer
We made reservations at the west glacier KOA and got the Red Bus tour reserved also. But in our case, the bus tour picks us up right at the KOA. If you are worried, maybe the bus tour can pick you up too?
Proud father of a US Marine