cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

hemi towing

blacktop
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone towing 10,000 lbs total weight 5th wheel with a 2014 Ram 2500? The truck is a 2 wheel drive with tow haul and a 5.7 Hemi.
3 REPLIES 3

Muddydogs
Explorer
Explorer
I tow almost 10,000 toy hauler bumper pull with a 2014 Ram 2500 4x4 5.7 Hemi. I typically run 65 to 70 MPH without a problem, some of the Western Mountain roads suck me down to 55 or 60 MPH. Gas milage runs between 6 to 8 MPG depending on the amount of hills and Wyoming head winds.
2015 Eclipse Iconic Toy Hauler made by Eclipse Manufacturing which is a pile of junk. If you want to know more just ask and I'll tell you about cracked frames, loose tin, walls falling off, bad holding tanks and very poor customer service.

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
I don't have a Ram, but since you are not getting much response, I will say that it should be doable. The 5.7 hemi is a powerful engine, the 6-speed with tow/haul should pull well.

If you are climbing steep grades, towing 10,000 lbs., you might not be the first one to the top, just take your time.

The 14 2500 should handle 2,000 plus pin weight.

Jerry

Dave_H_M
Explorer
Explorer
I pull that with my F 250 6.2 which is about equivalent. Run the smokies twice a year.

No probs.