cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Here is why you should buy Tire Pres Monitoring Sys from TST

Teamfour
Explorer
Explorer
It has long been thought by many RVers that the TST TPMS product is one of the better ones out there due to the quality of the product. I am here to tell you that on top of a good product, the SERVICE is AMAZING!

I've had my TST 507 system for about 1.5 years. The system has worked perfectly, always picking up the sensors without the need for a repeater, and reporting temps and pressure without fail. A couple of weeks ago I got in my truck to hook up the TT and accidentally put my hand on top of the TST receiver which was sitting on the center armrest. I heard a click and quickly realized that I had over tightened the antenna by exerting pressure on it. Sure enough, the receiver would not pick up any signals. When I got home I replaced all of the batteries in the sensors since they had never been changed, but as I suspected, the problem was not in the sensors - the antenna was broken. It actually wiggled in the receiver housing.

I called TST and explained what I had done. I asked if I could send in the unit to have it repaired at my cost. The extremely nice lady who answered the phone, Beverly, looked up my purchase in their system (I had bought directly from TST) and she told me the system was still under a 3-year warranty (I didn't know the warranty was 3 years). I again explained that the issue was caused by my negligence. She said send it in and they would see if it could be repaired, which I did.

Fast forward two weeks later. Today I received a package from TST with a BRAND NEW receiver, pre-programed with the codes for my sensors, pre-programed with the psi and temp limits, a new car charger, a new hard-wire setup, a new cradle, AND they threw in a REPEATER, which I have never needed. ALL UNDER WARRANTY!

This is why it is worth it to spend a few extra bucks on a USA company. I salute TST and Beverly for their amazing service!
Lee and Anne

2016 F250 2WD CC SB XLT 6.2 3.73 locker, 3,295 Payload
2014 Salem Hemisphere 282RK 7.8k lbs loaded, Equal-i-zer WDH
20 REPLIES 20

Ohio_Engineer
Explorer
Explorer
Does TST offer a lifetime warranty? Atleast one other TPMS brand does.

lanerd
Explorer II
Explorer II
Teamfour wrote:
lanerd wrote:
It's my understanding that a TPMS system comes on all new autos.... any fact to that?

Also, what TST did for the OP was great customer service. However, what makes him think that other TPMS companies won't be as good?

So, no.... I don't think I "should" buy a TST system.

OP here...don't see where I recommended TST over another system, nor did I say TST had better service than the rest. I just shared my story to encourage people to give them a look. Don't be a Debbie Downer. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Oh, but you did. Your title says: "Here is why you should buy Tire Pres Monitoring Sys from TST". That's saying you should by a TST over others. And I didn't say that you said TST had better service. I just indicated that you can get good service from other companies.

Look, we're both reading something into each other's words that aren't there. Let's just let this one go.

George wrote:
actory installed Tpms in the car does no good when you are towing it.

I didn't say it did. I just mentioned that in passing and asking confirmation because of what Terry said:

" I personally believe that every vehicle, including trailer should come with TPMS (tire pressure monitoring system). once you drag a TT for miles with a flat. you will want one as well. "

Ron
Ron & Sandie
2013 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH Cummins ISL 400hp
Toad: 2011 GMC Terrain SLT2
Tow Bar: Sterling AT
Toad Brakes: Unified by U.S. Gear
TPMS: Pressure Pro
Member of: GS, FMCA, Allegro

RETIRED!! How sweet it is....

Belgique
Explorer
Explorer
x2 on TST and Beverly. Great company.
Hickory, NC
2007 Fleetwood Discovery 40X

pawpaw47
Explorer
Explorer
Teamfour wrote:
It has long been thought by many RVers that the TST TPMS product is one of the better ones out there due to the quality of the product. I am here to tell you that on top of a good product, the SERVICE is AMAZING!

I've had my TST 507 system for about 1.5 years. The system has worked perfectly, always picking up the sensors without the need for a repeater, and reporting temps and pressure without fail. A couple of weeks ago I got in my truck to hook up the TT and accidentally put my hand on top of the TST receiver which was sitting on the center armrest. I heard a click and quickly realized that I had over tightened the antenna by exerting pressure on it. Sure enough, the receiver would not pick up any signals. When I got home I replaced all of the batteries in the sensors since they had never been changed, but as I suspected, the problem was not in the sensors - the antenna was broken. It actually wiggled in the receiver housing.

I called TST and explained what I had done. I asked if I could send in the unit to have it repaired at my cost. The extremely nice lady who answered the phone, Beverly, looked up my purchase in their system (I had bought directly from TST) and she told me the system was still under a 3-year warranty (I didn't know the warranty was 3 years). I again explained that the issue was caused by my negligence. She said send it in and they would see if it could be repaired, which I did.

Fast forward two weeks later. Today I received a package from TST with a BRAND NEW receiver, pre-programed with the codes for my sensors, pre-programed with the psi and temp limits, a new car charger, a new hard-wire setup, a new cradle, AND they threw in a REPEATER, which I have never needed. ALL UNDER WARRANTY!

This is why it is worth it to spend a few extra bucks on a USA company. I salute TST and Beverly for their amazing service!

I've had my 507RV for about 2 years now, and I agree those guys are the best.
2015 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 329BHU
2015 Starcraft AR-One 18QB
2014 GMC w/6.2L & max tow pkge.

pawpaw47
Explorer
Explorer
korbe wrote:
Apparently you need to know what "TPMS from TST" means to understand what you're talking about. ๐Ÿ™‚

I've had my system for about 2 years now. I agree, those guys are the best!
2015 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 329BHU
2015 Starcraft AR-One 18QB
2014 GMC w/6.2L & max tow pkge.

Deleted_per_op
Explorer
Explorer
bob213 wrote:
Many of us who have been here for awhile forget that not everyone will understand these acronyms. TPMS is quite common, you probably have one on your personal vehicle..

Actually, you're right, my wife's car does have that. I've always thought of it as one of the idiot lights on the dash board and never gave acronyms a thought.

Many of us work in various areas, most with their own jargon, acronyms and initialisms. Even when common, not every acronym turns on a light bulb immediately. TPMS.... the only thing that came to mind was the "TPS Report" from the movie "Office Space".

In writing classes, I was taught that the first time you're going to use a short name, acronym, etc, you spell out the word/phrase followed by the short version in parentheses, then refer to the short version in the rest of the writing. It avoids confusion and communication is not very useful if it's not clear.

OP, glad you had good customer service.
Dave

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have a TST system that must be a lemon. Not once did I make a trip where everything worked right. I've sent it back several times. The service has been good but that doesn't make up for a poor product. I'm not the only one either. I finally gave up on it...JMHO.

B.O.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

georgelesley
Explorer
Explorer
lanerd wrote:
It's my understanding that a TPMS system comes on all new autos.... any fact to that?

Ron

Factory installed Tpms in the car does no good when you are towing it.
George 20 yr USAF & Lesley

Teamfour
Explorer
Explorer
lanerd wrote:

Also, what TST did for the OP was great customer service. However, what makes him think that other TPMS companies won't be as good?

OP here...don't see where I recommended TST over another system, nor did I say TST had better service than the rest. I just shared my story to encourage people to give them a look. Don't be a Debbie Downer. ๐Ÿ˜‰
Lee and Anne

2016 F250 2WD CC SB XLT 6.2 3.73 locker, 3,295 Payload
2014 Salem Hemisphere 282RK 7.8k lbs loaded, Equal-i-zer WDH

lanerd
Explorer II
Explorer II

Also, what TST did for the OP was great customer service. However, what makes him think that other TPMS companies won't be as good? I've had Pressure Pro going on 9 years now and three years ago when I sold my 10-tire mh/toad to a 12-tire mh/toad, I realized I needed a different monitor to handle the extra two tires. I contacted PP to see if I could get a trade in on my old monitor for a new one (that cost considerably more). Much to my surprise, they just sent me a new monitor free of charge and told me to keep the old one....which I gave to my friend.

Ron
Ron & Sandie
2013 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH Cummins ISL 400hp
Toad: 2011 GMC Terrain SLT2
Tow Bar: Sterling AT
Toad Brakes: Unified by U.S. Gear
TPMS: Pressure Pro
Member of: GS, FMCA, Allegro

RETIRED!! How sweet it is....

georgelesley
Explorer
Explorer
We also have the TST system and agree the customer service (Beverly) is outstanding. She helped me get things coded correctly with the new system we just bought. Recently we were driving when the toad low pressure alarm started sounding. Since we were not towing our toad at the time, it was just an annoyance. A quick call to Beverly and DW was able to silence things while I was driving. This is our third TST system and we are still very satisfied.
George 20 yr USAF & Lesley

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
Many of us who have been here for awhile forget that not everyone will understand these acronyms. TPMS is quite common, you probably have one on your personal vehicle. TST is at the top of the after market products and widely recognized by the acronym. I agree that we should try and put the extended version somewhere in our post for those that don't recognize the acronym. If we forget...remember Google is your friend..;) Thanks Teamfour..TST is a great company.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality โ€“ Ayn Rand

Acampingwewillg
Explorer II
Explorer II
We are on an RV Forum and TPMS are common now on most vehicles. What I find interesting is some can Google it and come up with all sorts of different products not pertaining to Tire Pressure but a simple search of this Forum rendered 650+ responses to "TPMS".

With all that being said....I agree TST has been outstanding both in product and service.
96 Vogue Prima Vista
The Kid's: Humphrie, the Mini Schnauzer and Georgie,wire haired dachshund.
Rainbow Bridge: Laddie,Scoutie,Katie,Cooper,Kodie,Rubie,Maggie, Cassie, Mollie, Elvis, Potter and Rosie Love You! (40+ years in all)

PawPaw_n_Gram
Explorer
Explorer
I have a TST 507 tire pressure monitor system and a repeater on the trailer to improve the signal strength. Very happy with the system.

And as the OP said - their customer service is outstanding.
Full-Time 2014 - ????

โ€œNot all who wander are lost.โ€
"You were supposed to turn back at the last street."

2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS TT