cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Honda EU220i Generator Availability

Retdep
Explorer
Explorer
I've checked locally with 4 dealers who all tell me that this model is subject to a national recall from Honda due to a gas leak problem. They all say that they are awaiting word from Honda as to what to do with the units they have on hand and consequently cannot sell them.

A couple of online retailers say possible availability in May.

Does anyone know where I can find one to buy (and not spend an arm and a leg)? I really do want a Honda and not any other brand.

Cannot find any used for sale locally, either.
2019 Winnebago View
2016 Ford Focus Toad
19 REPLIES 19

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer
This would make the second recall on them within the last year or so.
Bob

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
I found one on Amazon....USED....and only $1,899.00. What a deal!

https://www.amazon.com/Honda-2200-Watt-Portable-Inverter-Generator/dp/B07R1HK2RL
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Mote
Explorer
Explorer
I have that generator. Have had it for a couple of years now. Last fall we got a letter from Honda telling us to take to a dealer so they could replace the fuel fitting to fix a potential leak.
Dealer fixed it quickly. They said they replaced the fuel shutoff valve.
2005 Dodge 3500
2001 Lance 1030
2006 Cougar 29RL

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
And on the unit you buy, has the gasoline issue been fixed?
Before the gasoline issue, you could buy two equivalent generators for one Honda. How much of a premium are you willing to pay? Three times?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
It's 2200. I don't know what you're willing to pay, but Amazon has them.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman