cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Hood and windshield cover for Chev Equinox Dingy

sebring
Explorer
Explorer
We just purchased a new Chev Equinox and was wondering if anyone knows where we could purchase a full hood/windshield cover for it.

I've seen them on the road in our travels over the years.

Thanks
2015 Winnebago Itasca Sunstar 30T
2016 Chev Equinox
10 REPLIES 10

sebring
Explorer
Explorer
Lots of great comments!
And more things to "ponder"

We don't have the large brush flap across the rear of the MH, now I'll have to check and see if we have mudflaps!

Understand the hood/windshield cover issues, since I had one years ago on my '96 Sebring didn't take it off enough and lost a chunk of paint and ended up with a dark pink stripe on my red convertible. Anyways, I've bookmarked the website and will investigate further.

Just wanted to get feedback from the pros who have had experience with "toads" as this is a whole new game for us. Didn't worry about the 5er this way.

BTW, from some of the comments I thought I'd let you know I'm a "Mrs. Sebring"...lol

Thanks all.
2015 Winnebago Itasca Sunstar 30T
2016 Chev Equinox

pigman1
Explorer
Explorer
chevylover1965 wrote:
Look at this sitr
This is the one you want. I've had them on 2 toads and 2 Class A's. If they do not have a pattern for your vehicle, you can take the toad to them and they will make one for you, usually in one day. We have run more than 150,000 miles with these covers. Despite all the worry-warts, they do NOT damage paint under them. They do have to be cleaned, but a brush and a hose is all that's necessary. We run to Alaska every other summer, and to the desert Southwest every winter. I've put these on 2 brand new toads and two Tiffin Class A's, and would replace in a heartbeat if something ever happened to one.
Pigman & Piglady
2013 Tiffin Allegro Bus 43' QGP
2011 Chevy Silverado 1500
SMI Air Force One toad brake
Street Atlas USA Plus

chevylover1965
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry about the spelling. Sitr=site
2015 Tiffin Allegro 36 LA
2006 Tiffin Phaeton 40 QDH (Sold)
2016 Chev Equinox LTZ AWD V6
Roadmaster Falcon All Terrain tow bar/US Gear
FBINA 144

chevylover1965
Explorer
Explorer
Look at this sitr
2015 Tiffin Allegro 36 LA
2006 Tiffin Phaeton 40 QDH (Sold)
2016 Chev Equinox LTZ AWD V6
Roadmaster Falcon All Terrain tow bar/US Gear
FBINA 144

Sam_Spade
Explorer
Explorer
2gypsies wrote:

He probably wants it covered for towing behind the motorhome so rocks don't fly up on to the hood.

DOH!! :S
'07 Damon Outlaw 3611
CanAm Spyder in the "trunk"

dicknellen
Explorer II
Explorer II
I had one, recently donated it to thrift store, did use it and when I did if it was raining the inside of the car got wet because the part of the cover that went inside the door broke the weather seal. Dick

catkins
Explorer II
Explorer II
Can't help with a source but do know that covers can collect dirt/grit and then acts like sandpaper on the finish just like the "bra" front covers. Guess you will have to decide which issue is worse or if going bare is the best crossed fingers choice.

You might think about a lightweight device that covers the space between the RV and car with a deflecting material. Blue Ox has one, Protect-a-Tow and ???? Look around at all options and see what is best for your needs. Good luck!

2gypsies1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sam Spade wrote:
Windshield covers are easy to find, either internal or external.

What's the point of wanting to cover the hood......if all the rest of the body is still exposed to the elements ??

He probably wants it covered for towing behind the motorhome so rocks don't fly up on to the hood.

OP: From your other post you just bought a new Class A. Great! Does it have a stiff, across-the-rear, mud flap? If so, throwing of rocks can be a problem.

When we were in Whitehorse Yukon we saw motorhome owners removing that whole flap and they then showed us a layer of 1/2" stones laying at the base of their windshield and dings in their hoods.

We didn't have a rear mud flap like that - only ones behind the tires and we got absolutely no damage on the summer-long trip. We had just traveled the same road they did.

However, the hood covers have a downside, too. They'll collect grit under them and scratch the surface.

One thing leads to another.......:)
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
We have an Equinox. Love the car (actually its a truck ... did you know that?) No clue on the cover. Great car! The more you use it, the more you'll love it! Congrats on the car (oops... I mean ... truck!)... ๐Ÿ™‚

Sam_Spade
Explorer
Explorer
Windshield covers are easy to find, either internal or external.

What's the point of wanting to cover the hood......if all the rest of the body is still exposed to the elements ??
'07 Damon Outlaw 3611
CanAm Spyder in the "trunk"