cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How far is too far?

TBammer
Explorer
Explorer
Who here has bought a trailer long distance? I live in Mid-Michigan and I am slowly settling in on a Arctic Fox 25W as our next trailer (now that I beat the heck out of our first one through inexperience). Problem is the closest dealers are either in Cincinnati, OH or somewhere on the other side of Lake Michigan. What are the pitfalls of buying long distance? Any advice on the best way to handle such a transaction?
2016 Chevy 2500 HD, 6.0 gasser, 4.10 dif
2019 Arctic Fox 25W
Reese Pro-Series WD Hitch
32 REPLIES 32

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
A really good before delivery inspection and a shakedown three to four day campout close to dealer with his/her promise to repair within 24 hours helps. But that’s a week!
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Boomerweps
Explorer
Explorer
Have your own financing.
I ran into troubles getting the original title from OH to get my TT titled and registered in PA due to incompetence on the part of the lender the RV dealer got me. RV dealer/lender relationships are nothing like car dealer/lender relationships. IIRC, one way to the seller was about 120 miles.
Plan on making a short vacation of the trip to allow PLENTY of time to carefully inspect the RV and operate all systems and for dealer repairs!

If I lived in mid Michigan, I'd buy an RV from Haylett RV. Their Utube videos sold me on the TT I bought.
2019 Wolf Pup 16 BHS Limited, axle flipped
2019 F150 4x4 SCrew SB STX 5.0 3.55 factory tow package, 7000#GVWR, 1990 CC Tow mirrors, ITBC, SumoSprings,

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
warranty service. if there are no local dealers you’ll have to travel back to the purchasing dealer fir warranty work.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle