cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

I-20 Rest Area Dump near Rutledge, GA

TC_Z
Explorer
Explorer
We have had bad experiences finding the dumps in the interstate rest areas permanently closed and have to find another dump site. We have a dry camping event next weekend.

Can anyone confirm whether the dumps in the East or the West bound rest areas near I-20 Exit 105 near Rutledge, GA are functional? I have checked online, confirms they are there but not whether they are open/closed.

If not, I need to check on other dump location options. Thanks!
TC&Z
2007 Winn Voyage 38J, gas 8.1L engine
2018 Jeep Cherokee flat tow
7 REPLIES 7

04fxsts
Explorer
Explorer
wbwood wrote:
You could also just go to a campground somewhere and pay them to dump.

When we were in Minnesota last year we stayed in BIL's driveway but needed to dump before coming home. Called around to nearby campgrounds and not all would let us dump. Yes I offered to pay for the dump. We did find one that just charged a reasonable fee so we went there. Jim.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Most if not all of GA's rest areas closed their dump sites due to abuse. I won't go into details but there was serious vandalism type abuse. Sad but that's the way it is.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
You could also just go to a campground somewhere and pay them to dump.
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
Most Camping World's have them and are free...
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
Ditto on the many if not all of the rest area dumps being closed.

Check out local CG's where you are at. Almost all CG's will allow you to come in to use their dump station for a fee.

It is what I do all the time when heading out to a sporting event dry camping. I actually find it easier than searching for J's, pilots etc.

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

scrubjaysnest
Explorer
Explorer
Most flyin J's or Piolet's have dumps for a fee; so give a GS discount. Most rest areas donot have dumps.
Axis 24.1 class A 500watts solar TS-45CC Trimetric
Very noisy generator :M
2016 Wrangler JK dinghy
โ€œThey who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.โ€ Benjamin Franklin

Heyjerry
Explorer
Explorer
FYI, Cabela's has dump sites at most stores, For those who did not know.