cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Keystone warranty frustration

CHBurris
Explorer
Explorer
We just bought a new Fuzion 404 in Colorado a month and a half ago, and already have a non-working rear AC, a window that fell out en route, and doors that fly open in the lovely Kansas wind. Oh, and a lost set of keys due to the doors flying open! Ha.

We are 6 hours from Denver, so going there for repairs really isn't an option. That leaves us with Abilene, Kansas, which is 2 1/2 hours away. So, I called Keystone and asked if we could have a closer dealer work on it, even though they aren't a Keystone dealer. He said fine, as long as they send in estimates, etc. Well, of course, the dealer isn't thrilled about doing warranty work, but of course they'll work on the camper at our expense. So, whatever. We'll get the work done, and then try to get the money from Keystone. Even if we don't get it all back, I'm fine with it. It beats making 3 trips to Abilene.
The keys, however....ugh. I'm kinda sick of dealing with Keystone at this point, so should I just call the dealer who sold it to us? Keystone can't seem to figure out which keys i have.

We knew there would be issues, but I wasn't prepared for the headache involved in getting them fixed.
23 REPLIES 23

Cecilt
Explorer
Explorer
CHBurris wrote:
CHBurris wrote:
Cecilt wrote:
CHBurris wrote:
So...we still haven't been able to find a resolution with Keystone. Their "Owner Relations" rep is a joke, who refuses to call me back. I've called so many times I have the number memorized, each time I'm promised by a supervisor that they will get to the bottom of it and get back to me. Yeah, right. Basically, we bought a brand new $65,000 piece of crap.

Manager in Owner Relations is Steve Holmes. Notice his last names has an "e" in it. His email is holms@keystonerv.com - No "e". Once I connected via phone with him I had resolution before I hung up. Call and ask for him and send him an email. Good luck. They wound up approving my repairs at an independent shop(not Keystone dealer). I paid up front and had a check within a week.

Thank you so much!! Getting ready to call him now.

I just wanted to thank you again for giving me this information. I left a msg on his phone, to which he immediately responded. He had me resend the bill, with the explanation of what was wrong. Yesterday morning I was cc'd on an email he'd sent to the original rep I had spoken with, telling him to send me a check for the amount requested. He did mention possibly wanting to have the compressor shipped to them, but I haven't received definite instructions on that yet.
I pray we don't have any other big problems that need repair (wishful thinking, I know), but if we do, I'm going directly to Steve.
Again, thank you!!!

Glad I was able to help.

CHBurris
Explorer
Explorer
CHBurris wrote:
Cecilt wrote:
CHBurris wrote:
So...we still haven't been able to find a resolution with Keystone. Their "Owner Relations" rep is a joke, who refuses to call me back. I've called so many times I have the number memorized, each time I'm promised by a supervisor that they will get to the bottom of it and get back to me. Yeah, right. Basically, we bought a brand new $65,000 piece of crap.

Manager in Owner Relations is Steve Holmes. Notice his last names has an "e" in it. His email is holms@keystonerv.com - No "e". Once I connected via phone with him I had resolution before I hung up. Call and ask for him and send him an email. Good luck. They wound up approving my repairs at an independent shop(not Keystone dealer). I paid up front and had a check within a week.

I just wanted to thank you again for giving me this information. I left a msg on his phone, to which he immediately responded. He had me resend the bill, with the explanation of what was wrong. Yesterday morning I was cc'd on an email he'd sent to the original rep I had spoken with, telling him to send me a check for the amount requested. He did mention possibly wanting to have the compressor shipped to them, but I haven't received definite instructions on that yet.
I pray we don't have any other big problems that need repair (wishful thinking, I know), but if we do, I'm going directly to Steve.
Again, thank you!!!

mowin
Explorer
Explorer
B.O. Plenty wrote:
mowin wrote:
If been battling with my dealer and keystone for almost a yr on a power awning that doesn't work. Good luck. Your gonna need it...
Keystone didn't make the awning. They just bought it from somebody else. I bet if you call the awning manufacturer you will get results..

B.O.

You would be wrong... I most certainly did call lippert and was told its the dealers problem to figure out how to fix it.

NHIrish
Explorer
Explorer
MPI_Mallard wrote:
DON'T GIVE UP!!! Stay on them, write down EVERYTHING, record EVERYTHING, if the person your talking to doesn't look after you the demand it's supervisor!!

Never give up,
Never surrender!!

It's true...and you won't get satisfaction at the first tier of their cs department. We had a Zeppelin way back when, and it was a piece of junk. We got them to take it back to the factory, and they couldn't fix it. Eventually they traded us out of it and we didn't end doing too badly. BUT, it was a long hard process. Don't give up. Don't threaten, be nice but be realistically demanding. If that doesn't work.....they don't like lawyers or bad press. I also think I have seen small claims action working well.

Good luck...shame we have to go through all this.
2016 Heartland Bighorn 3270RS

2010 Carriage Cameo 32-FwS
2008 Carriage Cameo
2006 Keystone Cougar
2005 Keystone Zeppelin
1999 Coachmen Catalina

2017 Ford F350 Powerstroke
Curt Q25

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock
:W

CHBurris
Explorer
Explorer
Cecilt wrote:
CHBurris wrote:

Cecilt
Explorer
Explorer
CHBurris wrote:

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II
mowin wrote:
If been battling with my dealer and keystone for almost a yr on a power awning that doesn't work. Good luck. Your gonna need it...
Keystone didn't make the awning. They just bought it from somebody else. I bet if you call the awning manufacturer you will get results..

B.O.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

CHBurris
Explorer
Explorer
mowin wrote:

This really scares me. We've noticed other issues on our toyhauler, and I'm so dreading ever having to deal with these people again.

CHBurris
Explorer
Explorer
MPI_Mallard wrote:
DON'T GIVE UP!!! Stay on them, write down EVERYTHING, record EVERYTHING, if the person your talking to doesn't look after you the demand it's supervisor!!

Never give up,
Never surrender!!

Thanks for the encouragement. Right now I'm feeling a bit defeated, like we have no one on our side, so I needed that. ๐Ÿ™‚

mowin
Explorer
Explorer

MPI_Mallard
Explorer
Explorer

Never give up,
Never surrender!!
07' Dodge 3500 6 speed Cummins Diesel Dually/6.7L Bully-Chipped /
Exhst Brake/07' Cedar Creek 37CDTSD Daydreamer fiver
Mallard @ Frau Blรผcher

Red Green:
Now lets Bow your heads for the men's prayer.
I am a man, but I can change.
If I have to, I guess...

CHBurris
Explorer
Explorer

CHBurris
Explorer
Explorer
ReadyToGo wrote:
I am curious, why did you buy 6 hours away knowing you would need warranty work? It would seem to me to buy where you know you will get good service nearby.

Warranty work far away seems to be a common complaint on this forum.

We knew what we wanted, which was a 404 Fuzion, and the closest place that had it was Denver. Clearly, we didn't choose to buy out of state just because we were in the mood for a road trip. ;).

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II
ReadyToGo wrote:
I am curious, why did you buy 6 hours away knowing you would need warranty work? It would seem to me to buy where you know you will get good service nearby.

Warranty work far away seems to be a common complaint on this forum.
I would buy anywhere else but my local dealer. Get held up on the sale price then get terrible service anyway. Why pay thousands more and receive nothing in return? A/C and other appliances can be worked on under warranty at any dealer or repair center for that particular unit and they will be able to bill the manufacturer directly. Doors popping open is a simple adjustment. Keystone should be able to authorize a independent repair shop to fix it.

B.O.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS